How to play / download .flv more confortable

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

How to play / download .flv more confortable

Postby suffix » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Dear Forum Members, I found one way to manage it, but is there a more confortable way.
What I did:
Using a firefox plug in on my Mac to get the embbeded .flv URL of the streaming server. Like http://ip-address/flv2/something_like_a ... lename.flv
After getting the .flv URL I send the URL via email to my iPod Touch 4G. iOS Mail on my iPod shows me the link in my email, and after one touch, Safari was opened and automaticaly downloading the stream/file. After download has been finished, Safari asked me for "open..." or "open with OPlayer..." . I used ..with OPlayer and I could see on my iPod the .flv via OPlayer. Also the .flv file has been stored under downloads in the OPlayer folders (for a later replay).
=> this was all great, but not confortable, so I have two questions.
1. is there a easier way to get the same result (maybe within OPlayer)? To see/download a FLV stream/file?
or 2. I could live with my "way", but then the problem is, "how to get the embedded .flv URL's" direct on the iOS and not using my Mac only to get them?

TNX for your help and ideas.
SUF
suffix
Beignner
Beignner

Re: How to play / download .flv more confortable

Postby admin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:12 am

As this is depends on different web service providers, it is hard for us to build-in a general tool to achieve this.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kilrah » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:56 am

The simpler way also involves your Mac, but at least is far easier...

Download the Video DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox. With it you can download the FLV to your computer with one click.
Then transfer the FLV file to oPlayer with iTunes.
Kilrah
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Thc123 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Hey, currently i am using your method. I have Found a way to get the direct Video file on the iPad/ iPhone itself... Instead of using a Firefox add on, you can go to www.file2hd.com which in the end throws out the Link you Need for the Stream...

Another question, im currently having Problems with the streaming. When i click the Link in oplayer to Play the file, it Triest to load up for a Second but then goes back to the oplayer Index page...
It worked well before but now it doesnt work at all. Another Problem i had was sometimes the Video abruptly stopped and crashed to the oplayer Main page.
Thc123
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Thc123 wrote:Hey, currently i am using your method. I have Found a way to get the direct Video file on the iPad/ iPhone itself... Instead of using a Firefox add on, you can go to http://www.file2hd.com which in the end throws out the Link you Need for the Stream...

Another question, im currently having Problems with the streaming. When i click the Link in oplayer to Play the file, it Triest to load up for a Second but then goes back to the oplayer Index page...
It worked well before but now it doesnt work at all. Another Problem i had was sometimes the Video abruptly stopped and crashed to the oplayer Main page.

Can you post a sample URL here for checking?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]