How do I use this App?

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

How do I use this App?

Postby kato119 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Just purchased Oplayer HD App for my Ipad because it seemed like just what I needed. Ok, how do I use it? No instruction? Just figure it out? Just use a message board? Please advise.
kato119
Beignner
Beignner

Re: How do I use this App?

Postby admin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:00 am

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dchilder » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:08 pm

The link provided above shows how to upload/transfer/stream files to OPlayer, but does not explain how to PLAY them. I spend quite a bit of time trying to get different files to play (couldn't even figure out how I was supposed to get them to play since I was also having problems, as I later found out, getting OPlayer to play any of the video files (MKV, AVI, MP4) to play.) Turns out it was simple enough to get the files to play - once you know how to do it...

HOW TO PLAY DOWNLOADED FILES IN OPLAY (I assume iPad/OPlay HD instructions are similar):

1. Download files to iPhone - by default loaded to the "My Documents" folder, viewable when you access the "File" option in OPlayer.
2. View the file in My Documents folder
3a. DOUBLE CLICK on the file in the My Documents folder. Go to step 7. Double click... I haven't used this input much on the iPhone in any other program - it should be better documented...
or
3b. Select the Edit button to produce the option to add the file(s) to your OPlay playlist.
4. Select the files you want to add to your playlist and select Done.
5. Select the Playlist option in OPlayer.
6. DOUBLE CLICK on the file in the Playlist you wish to watch. Double click... I haven't used this input much on the iPhone in any other program - it should be better documented...
7. Watch video (or not - see note below)

Note: as of OPlayer version 1.25 on iOS 4.3, the ONLY files I could get to play at all in the app are those re-encoded for iPhone in the .mp4 format (I used the freeware Videora iPhone 4 Converter to do this). These files ONLY played in OPlayer when you set the app to use the Quicktime Plugin to play files that "have already been converted to iPhone/iPod supported media format" (Select the Settings option in OPlayer and scroll down almost all the way to the bottom to see this option). Not even these re-encoded files play in OPlayer right now if you turn this plugin off (v. 1.25 on iOS 4.3 - may not be true for other combinations of OPlayer and iOS versions).
dchilder
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:31 am

Sorry, we have made a mistake in V1.0.14, has submitted a patch to fix that, it is waiting for apple's approve.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]