Dropbox: uploading from OPlayerHD Lite

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Dropbox: uploading from OPlayerHD Lite

Postby expandingbliss » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:32 am

Last week I uploaded a few video files from my OPlayerHD lite (I'm using ios 6 on ipad mini) without problem.
Now I cannot figure out how to do so, and I find a message that Lite does not support dropbox. Has something changed in the last few days, or is it just I cannot remember how to upload a video file to Dropbox?
expandingbliss
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Dropbox: uploading from OPlayerHD Lite

Postby expandingbliss » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:44 am

OK I figured it out! It does work!

I use this feature to store a video I've watched in Dropbox, deleting it from ODPlayerHD Lite and thereby saving storage space on my iPad.

You simply
1) go to "My Documents" in OPlayerHD Lite
2) locate the file you want to upload and tap on the (barely visible) information icon ("i") at the far right; this opens an information box with some file details
3) click on the 'sharing' or 'emailing' icon in the upper right hand corner of the information window; this will give you options to open in different apps
4) choose the Dropbox app
5) wait patiently, in 10-15 seconds Dropbox will open a window that shows the file you have chosen, inviting you to rename the file and also to choose a folder in your Dropbox account where you want it to go
5) when satisfied with the name and destination, click save. It will then begin uploading to Dropbox

Note, the file will be left in your ODPlayerHD Lite My Documents folder. But you can delete it after the upload to Dropbox completes. In Dropbox, the file will be available to play directly (streaming from the internet), or to download, or to set as a favorite ("star" it) and then it will be available offline in dropbox.

Best,
Steve
expandingbliss
Beignner
Beignner

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]