Audio file jumps back a few mins each time open

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Audio file jumps back a few mins each time open

Postby mjhiom86 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:10 pm

When I play an audio file (wma), each time I try to slide the seeker along the bottom, it jumps back a few minutes. And every time I exit from playing the file, and then go back to it, it jumps back. Making it very awkward to get back to where I left off.
The player has had the same issue the past, and seemed to correct itself the following day or something, but usually it plays them perfectly well. I attempted to force the issue to correct itself, by trying all sorts of things, like re downloading the files in case they had become corrupt, and re installing oplayer itself. No luck...every time I want to come back to a file it jumps away from where I left off...and I can't scroll using the seeker along the bottom to find my place, as it jumps back again when I lift my finger off...and no I'm not not slipping my finger as I lift.
I normally have the slide seek set to 5 sec skips, so that I can listen to, and skip back and forth through audio files I work with...but obviously when I reinstall the app, these seek settings are reset, so experimenting with those to see if it affects the bug doesn't solve it either.
I hope this can be tested, but I don't see how it could be since it didn't happen first time I used wma files. It seemed to just crop up again today, and is persistent, after happening a couple of times before and resolving itself for no apparent reason. And now it's really become a big issue for me, as it's hindering my work.
Please help? Preferably a developer by testing the app...thanks!
mjhiom86
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Audio file jumps back a few mins each time open

Postby admin » Fri May 15, 2015 3:23 am

it happens on a special file, or every file?
if it only happens on a special file, can you share the file to us so we can check it here?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mjhiom86 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:37 am

Every wma file...but I'm afraid they're confidential.
mjhiom86
Beignner
Beignner

Postby mjhiom86 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:38 am

I converted them to mp3 which solved the issue, but that's not ideal. Thanks
mjhiom86
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri May 22, 2015 6:33 am

mjhiom86 wrote:Every wma file...but I'm afraid they're confidential.

ok, this case we have no way to re-produce here, if you find another file has this issue and not confidential, send it to us.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mjhiom86 » Fri May 22, 2015 10:13 am

Hi, here is a link for an audio file in wma format, which has the same issue discussed on my io7 interface.

The file is only a few mins in duration, and only skips back 15 secs, each time opened, or when the locator bar along the bottom is used.

But when I'm working with a longer audio file, this is multiplied, and it jumps back many minutes, making things difficult.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tkcsj7q0hf3w ... nv4Ya?dl=0

Thanks,
Matt
mjhiom86
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon May 25, 2015 1:43 am

mjhiom86 wrote:Hi, here is a link for an audio file in wma format, which has the same issue discussed on my io7 interface.

The file is only a few mins in duration, and only skips back 15 secs, each time opened, or when the locator bar along the bottom is used.

But when I'm working with a longer audio file, this is multiplied, and it jumps back many minutes, making things difficult.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tkcsj7q0hf3w ... nv4Ya?dl=0

Thanks,
Matt

thanks, we will download and check it here, and reply to this topic
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]