Files not transferred with FTP or not decompressed

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Files not transferred with FTP or not decompressed

Postby jpmalo2 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 am

Hello,

I am using OPlayer HD on iPad and I am experiencing the problem with some files that simply disappear during FTP transfer or don't get decompressed. I think it has to do with the filenames and the characters in them. For example, a file with a filename containing the caracter "é" or "°" simpl doesn't appear in OPlayer. I don't see the reason why, since these caracters are UTF-8 compatible. It is also very annoying that I don't get any worning of this happening...I only later find out that the files aren't there...?!?!

I also noticed that FTP transfer crashes when I want to transfer a file having two consecutives blanks in the filename - for instance "something anything.mp3" will not work.

Can't you fix this thing? Is there any rule how the files should be named so that it works correctly?

Thank you,
J. P.
jpmalo2
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Files not transferred with FTP or not decompressed

Postby admin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:27 am

make sure the ftp encoding method in oplayer is match with the encoding method of your ftp server.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]