Oplayer classic network error when connecting using SAMBA

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Oplayer classic network error when connecting using SAMBA

Postby Derby » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Not sure if this occurred during the latest revision. I have been using Oplayer (first Lite, then paid) for several years.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I have been getting a "network error" when trying to connect to my NAS. There is no security/password on the NAS.

The only things that may have changed recently:
iOS (Running 9.2 on iPhone 5)
Oplayer update (Running 2.1.07)

I've tried reinstalling Oplayer-classic media player, video player for iPhone.
I've tried re-adding the NAS using auto discovery. Oplayer sees it, but still can't connect - network error.
I've tried adding the NAS by clicking the "+", then "Windows Share (Samba), then the IP address and save. I select it and get network error.
I've tried a second iPhone (6S) with Oplayer installed and the same problem occurs.
I installed Oplayer Lite (2.1.06) and I am able to connect without issue (no password needed).

I've googled everything I could think of but I don't see anyone with the same issue.

Any idea what I have to do differently with this version compared to the Lite version?
Derby
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Oplayer classic network error when connecting using SAMB

Postby admin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:41 am

Derby wrote:Not sure if this occurred during the latest revision. I have been using Oplayer (first Lite, then paid) for several years.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I have been getting a "network error" when trying to connect to my NAS. There is no security/password on the NAS.

The only things that may have changed recently:
iOS (Running 9.2 on iPhone 5)
Oplayer update (Running 2.1.07)

I've tried reinstalling Oplayer-classic media player, video player for iPhone.
I've tried re-adding the NAS using auto discovery. Oplayer sees it, but still can't connect - network error.
I've tried adding the NAS by clicking the "+", then "Windows Share (Samba), then the IP address and save. I select it and get network error.
I've tried a second iPhone (6S) with Oplayer installed and the same problem occurs.
I installed Oplayer Lite (2.1.06) and I am able to connect without issue (no password needed).

I've googled everything I could think of but I don't see anyone with the same issue.

Any idea what I have to do differently with this version compared to the Lite version?

tell us the Nas MODEL, and we have updated a patch that have fixed a similar issue, please be patient for the update, if you still have issue, tell us.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Derby » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:02 pm

I am using an iOmega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS
Derby
Beignner
Beignner

Postby illusion_w » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:07 am

Hi,
I got same problem too.
I am using Synology DS207, iPhone 5S iOS 9.2, Oplayer Lite

it is showing network error when I connect to the NAS.

It was working well last week.
However, after I updated to Version: 2.1.08 on 5 Jan, I cannot connect anymore.

Thanks,
illusion_w
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Indrador » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi,

I got the same Issue, on my iPhone it doesn't work anymore, on the the iPhone of my daughter it is still working,
automatically updates are disabled on her phone, so she has still the old Version and this is working.

My NAS is a Buffalo Terastation Duo: http://www.buffalo-technology.de/de/pro ... ation-duo/

Greetings
Indrador
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:07 am

Indrador wrote:Hi,

I got the same Issue, on my iPhone it doesn't work anymore, on the the iPhone of my daughter it is still working,
automatically updates are disabled on her phone, so she has still the old Version and this is working.

My NAS is a Buffalo Terastation Duo: http://www.buffalo-technology.de/de/pro ... ation-duo/

Greetings

thanks guys, we have updated our samba implement, so there maybe some issues left. we are trying to support more and more NASs, so please be patient for the update for your NAS models, if someone can help us to test with your NAS models, you can PM your iphone's UUID to olimsoft@gmail.com, we can adhoc to you to test with your NASs.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Indrador » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:48 pm

Hi,

After your very fast improvement and the Update the App Works perfectly with Samba again. (Testend ob my Buffalo NAS)

Greetings and big thanks.
Indrador
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:18 am

illusion_w wrote: iOmega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS
Derby wrote:I am using an iOmega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS

hello guys, does your NAS works with oplayer 2.1.09?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby illusion_w » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:38 am

admin wrote:
illusion_w wrote: iOmega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS
Derby wrote:I am using an iOmega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS

hello guys, does your NAS works with oplayer 2.1.09?

after updated, it is working well with my DS207 Synology.
thanks~
illusion_w
Beignner
Beignner

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]