FTP Server works on iPhone but not IPad

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

FTP Server works on iPhone but not IPad

Postby ApeTheRick » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi all,

I have an ftp server which i use to serve my content to oplayer. I was using it on my iPad fine, until a few weeks ago when my server went down. After I brought it back online I noticed it no longer played in oplayer on my iPad. I can list all the files, but if I play one, it just skips to the next one, fails to play that, skips to the next one and so on. Thinking it might be my server I tried it out on oplayer on my iPhone, and it works fine. I've also tried reinstalling oplayer on my iPad several times, to no avail.

I can also download the content using oplayer and then watch it, and it works. I just can't stream it over FTP, like I used to be able to

Any ideas?
ApeTheRick
Beignner
Beignner

Re: FTP Server works on iPhone but not IPad

Postby admin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

ApeTheRick wrote:Hi all,

I have an ftp server which i use to serve my content to oplayer. I was using it on my iPad fine, until a few weeks ago when my server went down. After I brought it back online I noticed it no longer played in oplayer on my iPad. I can list all the files, but if I play one, it just skips to the next one, fails to play that, skips to the next one and so on. Thinking it might be my server I tried it out on oplayer on my iPhone, and it works fine. I've also tried reinstalling oplayer on my iPad several times, to no avail.

I can also download the content using oplayer and then watch it, and it works. I just can't stream it over FTP, like I used to be able to

Any ideas?

filezilla? next next update will fix this issue, as next update is already in review, we can't reject it.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ApeTheRick » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:30 am

Sorry for the late reply on this, but it's happening again.

It's not FileZilla, it's an ubuntu server running an ftp daemon.

My solution to the problem originally was to upgrade to the paid version. All worked nicely, however, now the paid version is doing the same thing, I can't tell you when this started happening as I haven't used it in a while.

Any help is appreciated

Alex
ApeTheRick
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:36 am

thanks for your report, we will try to setup a environment here and test it
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin