Recent Loss of DIV3 Codec Support?

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Recent Loss of DIV3 Codec Support?

Postby pumrum » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:28 pm

I've been using OPlayer for several years. I have some video files that Ive been playing on my iPad 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5S, and iPhone 6S without issue for years (obviously appropriate to as long as I've had each device). I recently purchased an iPad Mini Retina 2 and installed the lasted OPlayer 3.0, and many of my files no longer play video. The audio plays, but the video doesn't play - I just see a music note. I haven't had a chance to go back to my old iPad Mini Retina or my iPhone 5S (they are packed away and I'm out of town) - but these are files that I've had for a very long time and have always had no issues playing with OPlayer. Now no joy. Here's a sample of the file that won't play:

Example File 1:
Type: Video
Codec: MS MPEG-4 Video v3 (DIV3)
Resolution: 640x352
Frame rate: 23.976000
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

I have one or two other files, so far all are DIV3. I did some searching but couldn't find anything to indicate that DIV3 is no longer supported. As soon as I can get my hands on my older devices and some more video files, I'll check those as well to see what works and what doesn't - just curious if this is something new we have to work around?
pumrum
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Recent Loss of DIV3 Codec Support?

Postby mq-zhu@live.cn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 am

Yes, it is a patent issue. You can contact online support skype: oplayer_help@outlook.com
Or you can leave your mail, we will send you the solution
mq-zhu@live.cn
Developer
Developer

Re: Recent Loss of DIV3 Codec Support?

Postby admin » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:40 am

We are buying the patent, please be patient for the update.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]