[SOLVED]SMB connection problems with MacBook since OS X.11.5

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

[SOLVED]SMB connection problems with MacBook since OS X.11.5

Postby Morgan1er » Tue May 31, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi,
I’ve been a very happy user of OPlayer HD on my iPad for many years and I’ve never been disappointed before. For me, it’s the best player. Period.
But since the new OS X.11.5 update, I can’t connect to my MacBook Pro using Samba. I’ve read around that this update brought a few problems with this protocol.
I encounter the same problem with VLC for iPad but not with Infuse which works normally.
Are you aware of this problem? Is there a solution or is it Apple’s fault entirely? Are you planning an update for OPlayer?
Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Morgan1er on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan1er
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: SMB connection problems with MacBook Pro since OS X.11.5

Postby Labreal » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:43 am

I am having a similar problem. Since upgrading my iOS on my iPad, I can no longer connect to the Samba server running on my MacBook Pro.
Labreal
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:28 am

Labreal wrote:I am having a similar problem. Since upgrading my iOS on my iPad, I can no longer connect to the Samba server running on my MacBook Pro.

thanks for your information, we will check it here and trying to fix it in the next update
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:12 am

Morgan1er wrote:Hi,
I’ve been a very happy user of OPlayer HD on my iPad for many years and I’ve never been disappointed before. For me, it’s the best player. Period.
But since the new OS X.11.5 update, I can’t connect to my MacBook Pro using Samba. I’ve read around that this update brought a few problems with this protocol.
I encounter the same problem with VLC for iPad but not with Infuse which works normally.
Are you aware of this problem? Is there a solution or is it Apple’s fault entirely? Are you planning an update for OPlayer?
Thanks for your help.

Connecting to SMB share on OS X 10.11.5 broken

Adding the two lines

<key>SigningRequired</key>
<false/>
to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.smb.server.plist and restarting the server (or switching SMB sharing off and on again) re-enables connectivity.

Sample:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DOSCodePage</key>
<string>936</string>
<key>LocalKerberosRealm</key>
<string>92C20</string>
<key>NetBIOSName</key>
<string>gaeainfodeiMac</string>
<key>ServerDescription</key>
<string>gaeainfo的iMac</string>
<key>SigningRequired</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</plist>
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Morgan1er » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:27 am

Thx a lot, works perfectly! :)
Morgan1er
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: [SOLVED]SMB connection problems with MacBook since OS X.

Postby nickrobin7278 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:09 am

I have recently bought a MacBook Pro and the same problem is also found in my new MacBook. I have updated the system and expected to be solved, but after it, my macbook pro won't turn on. It turns into a black screen.
nickrobin7278
Beignner
Beignner

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]