Stuttering on iPad Pro 10.5

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Stuttering on iPad Pro 10.5

Postby Sandra84 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 am

Hi. Is Oplayer, as of yet, lacking some optimizations/hardware decoding support for the new iPad Pro 10.5?

I notice when playing a mp4 file quite prevalent stuttering, while this not being the case at all in PlayerExtreme.

I also notice while playing .mkv-files with no sound, the playback is perfectly smooth. Then, when I switch on the non-DTS audio-commentary track, it stutters like crazy again.

Will I get stuttering on .mkv if I pay the extra for the DTS-codec?

I much prefer OPlayer, since I consider the UI far superior over all other video players I've tried. And will of course pay for the full unlock if this stuttering issue will not be there, or fixed in future updates.
Sandra84
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Stuttering on iPad Pro 10.5

Postby admin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:53 am

yes, no audio is only because you need to buy dts audio plugin, the patent fee will be paid to DTS company.
the mp4 shutter issue, have you tried to use HW decoding ?(the quicktime plugin in the settings page)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sandra84 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Yes, I realize that. My question was will this stuttering still be there if I pay for it. Because frankly if it is, and there is no intent on fixing it, then it's not worth the money. And the reason I ask is because it's there with every other audio-track (non-DTS) on all videofiles I've tried, both .mkv and .mp4, usually the directors commentary track on files where this were included. It's seem the only way I get smooth video playback is playing completely without audio. I have compared OPlayer to PlayerXtreme, Goodplayer and what I'm guessing is IOS's own internal video (mp4) player, none of them have this stuttering issue. VLC has some noticeable judder.

I have tried toggling the options for both HW decoding and Quicktime in the settings. No difference.
Sandra84
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Sandra84 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 pm

So I took the plunge and paid for the unlock.. and I immediately regretted it. It's completely unwatchable!! This is not usual judder, and it's only there when it's playing both video and audio.. Also iPad Pro 10.5 is supposed to have this new 120 Hz adaptive refresh rate screen that's touted as being able to play 24 fps content without the 3:2 pull down and thereby eliminate judder.

I have played around with all the HW related options in settings, nothing seems to help.

I'm streaming .mkv files with DTS sound from a Linux SMB server. PlayerXtreme and VLC have no issue with doing this, I have increased the cache size, etc.

iPad Pro 10.5 is supposed to have the most powerful hardware ever seen in a tablet. Could this still be some compatibility issue???

Don't know if this has any significance, but the little flash icon on the playback menu is also greyed out.

IOS 11.0.3
Sandra84
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:27 am

Sandra84 wrote:So I took the plunge and paid for the unlock.. and I immediately regretted it. It's completely unwatchable!! This is not usual judder, and it's only there when it's playing both video and audio.. Also iPad Pro 10.5 is supposed to have this new 120 Hz adaptive refresh rate screen that's touted as being able to play 24 fps content without the 3:2 pull down and thereby eliminate judder.

I have played around with all the HW related options in settings, nothing seems to help.

I'm streaming .mkv files with DTS sound from a Linux SMB server. PlayerXtreme and VLC have no issue with doing this, I have increased the cache size, etc.

iPad Pro 10.5 is supposed to have the most powerful hardware ever seen in a tablet. Could this still be some compatibility issue???

Don't know if this has any significance, but the little flash icon on the playback menu is also greyed out.

IOS 11.0.3

can you share us the movie by dropbox (olimsoft@gmail.com) we will test on the newest iPad Pro,to see if we can reproduce it here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]