How to enable Deinterlacing in OPlayer HD Lite?

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

How to enable Deinterlacing in OPlayer HD Lite?

Postby NunovYurbiz » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:11 am

Hi, new OPlayer HD Lite user with a basic question: How do you enable deinterlacing for playback? (The App Store description has it listed as a “basic function”.)

Use case: I just installed this app (v3.7) on my iPad Pro 10.5 (running iOS 11.4 for now) to play locally-streamed content from Kodi (via UPnP/DLNA). It works great so far except for this issue.

I can’t find the deinterlace feature anywhere in this app to enable it when playing streamed .MKVs ripped from my DVDs (where the interlacing is VERY noticeable during playback, being SD content).

It’s not under Settings > General > Network > Others (where the other basic features like Audio Boost and H/V Flip are located). Went through all of the other Settings menus and looked around in the video playback UI, but couldn’t find it.

Was deinterlacing removed or am I just being app-challenged here? ;)

(Last question — just saw in the app’s help section that files ending in .MKV apparently trigger SW decoding instead of HW decoding — is this part of the issue? Asking as all of my files are MKVs. In contrast, the iOS VLC Player can use either HW or SW decoding on MKVs with deinterlacing enabled — but it’s not working great with Kodi for local streaming, which is why I’m trying OPlayer.)
NunovYurbiz
Beignner
Beignner

Re: How to enable Deinterlacing in OPlayer HD Lite?

Postby NunovYurbiz » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Bumping up politely to see if there's a way to enable Deinterlacing as described in my original post?

Also new question for developer re: OPlayer HD Lite and DTS purchase: If I purchase the DTS audio decoding license from within the HD Lite version, will it keep the both of the HD Lite's embedded browser and download features, or will I lose them like in the full HD version? (Definitely want to keep them if at all possible.)

Great player so far other than the annoying interlacing experienced on DVD-sourced content -- really takes away from the enjoyment. Works great with Kodi DLNA streaming locally around the house, so keep up the great work! (Your player definitely beats VLC player for this purpose on iPad, because VLC's iOS client is currently broken for local streaming.)
NunovYurbiz
Beignner
Beignner

Re: How to enable Deinterlacing in OPlayer HD Lite?

Postby admin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:52 am

deinterlacing is under file detail information button. (the button after the file name)

the dts patent fee was charged by downloads, so you can use it either on lite version or full version.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]