How do i play any video?

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

How do i play any video?

Postby Zemun2 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:32 am

Hi,
I'm having issues with playing any videos. Once i select movie from my nas storage i get option to download it, then after the download is done nothing happens.

Thanks
Zemun2
Beignner
Beignner

Re: How do i play any video?

Postby admin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:51 am

after download, it will exist in the File tab - My Document, select the file to play.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dchilder » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:49 pm

I cannot seem to get the app to play any files other than iPhone encoded mp4 files - and then only if I have the use Quicktime player option selected in the Settings. I've tried several files (started with 720p MKV files, then tried some standard definition AVI divx files) - and the ONLY time I could get anything to play was when I tried the file I had already re-encoded to play on the standard iPhone video player. That file wouldn't even work when I turned off the "use Quicktime" setting.

At first, I thought I just couldn't figure out how to play a file. I tried everything I could think of until I tried the mp4 file - then it worked fine when I selected the file (double-clicking on files evidently required - this should be documented somewhere).

When I try to play any other files (besides iPhone-encoded mp4 files), OPlayer just goes to a black screen and does nothing. If I pull up the info for the video, it shows start time as 000:00 and end time as -999.99 (for all videos I've tried, including the mp4 file with the Quicktime setting turned off).

I have iOS 4.3 - reviews seem to indicate that might explain the problems I'm having - but there is no clear description explaining functionality, file size/resolution limitations, etc.
dchilder
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:13 am

Can i know your iphone's generation?
the non-native media format needs iphone 3gs or later.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]