Oplayer and GoFlex Satellite

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Oplayer and GoFlex Satellite

Postby brettooch » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:23 am

Hey guys,

I just got a Seagate GoFlex Satellite hard drive today and am trying to configure it to work with my ipad. The Satellite is a hd that creates a wifi signal that the ipad can connect to in order to access the files. It's cool but the app it comes with is limited as it only plays ipad-friendly movie formats. This is why I bought the Oplayer app. I'd like to view avi's, mkv's, etc.

I hate to be such a noob but I can't figure out what to do to access the videos on the drive with Oplayer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
=========================================================================================
Solution: Ensure that the Satellite is in wireless mode and that you have ticked it on your ipad under settings and wifi.

Open the OPlayer HD app, then go to the WWW icon on the left side.

At the top you have the URL Browser and a Google search engine.

I use the Google search engine and just put any known website in that and when it comes up on the search
just click on it and it takes you to your Satellite storage system and you can play anything on there.

Hope this helps.
brettooch
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Oplayer and GoFlex Satellite

Postby admin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Can you install web server in your satellite? then you can use OPlayer's internal browser to view the videos.
If it supports DLNA/UPnP, you can try our another app callsed AirPlayer.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nucloid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:26 am

I just bought the iPad 3 - and the ONLY reason I bought this app is because SEAGATE has a video telling me to buy it to watch movies streaming off their disk - I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work. And if YOU guys don't know.... who the hell does?
nucloid
Beignner
Beignner

Postby nucloid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:28 am

brettooch wrote:Hey guys,

I just got a Seagate GoFlex Satellite hard drive today and am trying to configure it to work with my ipad. The Satellite is a hd that creates a wifi signal that the ipad can connect to in order to access the files. It's cool but the app it comes with is limited as it only plays ipad-friendly movie formats. This is why I bought the Oplayer app. I'd like to view avi's, mkv's, etc.

I hate to be such a noob but I can't figure out what to do to access the videos on the drive with Oplayer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

EXACTLY what I have, (except Ipad 3) seagate goflex and a bucket full of MKV's -- and seagates video saying "BUY OPLAYER" to watch MKVs from our drive!!!! only I guess they forgot to tell oplayer.
nucloid
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 am

I just don't have that device.

this is what i have googled for your reference:

"However, using the $5 OPlayer HD iPad app, I was able to play media files in any format on my iPad. OPlayer can recognise and play a wide variety of files and links to the GoFlex through http streaming – typing in any web address in its own built-in browser opens up the GoFlex interface."
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jinxuae » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:12 am

I have the same problem. The lite player (free) can access the Goflex thru the URL link and play a movie, however you cannot 'Close' that afterwards and return to the library. The $5.00 HD option does not connect to the Goflex at all, and similarly once you try launching the rl connection you cannot return to the main menu page.

Considering this is a paid app that purports to allow you to do exactly what I'm trying to do this cannot be right?

Pls advise, no other forums give any advise on how to make work...
Jinxuae
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:36 am

Hello Jinxuae,

The full version with the same function as the lite version, the only difference is that the lite version has ads in the playing window.

And please note not all file format supports streaming, you can download the file to OPlayer, and play it locally.

By the way you can try to toggle ffmpeg in the settings page and have a retry.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Douglas » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:59 am

I cant get this software to work with the GoFlex Satellite either. It will not open the goflex http in order to view anything in it! This is frustrating! It seems that the admin guy answering some of the questions is clueless. Does anyone know what will work//// It unbeleivable that on Seagate's video they recommend buying OPlayer.... They may want to explain how to set it up to work then. Or someone should know. If it's the laters software version thats screwed up, the the OPlayer guys need to fix it or give out refunds!
Douglas
Beignner
Beignner

Postby ssarmazi » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:46 am

I haven't found out how to stream from the Satellite to Oplayer on my iPad 2. The only thing I've been able to do is copy the video wirelessly from the Satellite to the iPad and then play it in Oplayer - saw a Youtube video on how to do this.

But obviously, I'd rather stream from the Satellite than wait for the entire movie to copy wirelessly from one device to the other.

It *is* a little disconcerting that Seagate tells you what app to use but no one knows how to stream or even if it can be done.
ssarmazi
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:01 am

Douglas wrote:I cant get this software to work with the GoFlex Satellite either. It will not open the goflex http in order to view anything in it! This is frustrating! It seems that the admin guy answering some of the questions is clueless. Does anyone know what will work//// It unbeleivable that on Seagate's video they recommend buying OPlayer.... They may want to explain how to set it up to work then. Or someone should know. If it's the laters software version thats screwed up, the the OPlayer guys need to fix it or give out refunds!

Use the build-in web browser, not Open URL feature.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]