Oplayer and GoFlex Satellite

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Re: Oplayer and GoFlex Satellite

Postby tommac2 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:56 am

Ensure that the Satellite is in wireless mode and that you have ticked it on your ipad under settings and wifi.

Open the OPlayer HD app, then go to the WWW icon on the left side.

At the top you have the URL Browser and a Google search engine.

I use the Google search engine and just put any known website in that and when it comes up on the search
just click on it and it takes you to your Satellite storage system and you can play anything on there.

Hope this helps.
tommac2
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 am

tommac2 wrote:Ensure that the Satellite is in wireless mode and that you have ticked it on your ipad under settings and wifi.

Open the OPlayer HD app, then go to the WWW icon on the left side.

At the top you have the URL Browser and a Google search engine.

I use the Google search engine and just put any known website in that and when it comes up on the search
just click on it and it takes you to your Satellite storage system and you can play anything on there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nicole » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm

oplayer and seagate work fine for me. connect the ipad via settings - wifi to seagate. then open oplayer and open an url (can be any website like google) with the globe top left and it will go directly to the seagate. tab folder open a file and your there. an improvement could be the file display, i dont like the squares with only part of the name because i have several files that start with the same 8 letters,

hope that this advice (never thought i could give one, women are usually not the brightest on pc issues, an to top it off im blonde...) helps you all guys

nicole
nicole
Beignner
Beignner

Postby nicole » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:22 pm

oooops, appears that that i was too positive about me, if i was that smart as i thought i was i would have read tommac2 review.... he describes exactly my experience.
i should have been smarter and read first all the replys before i open my big mouth.... sorry!
:oops: :oops:

nicole
nicole
Beignner
Beignner

Postby sgtbobie » Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 am

The GoFlex Satellite is a UPnP server.

AirPlayer works for me, though to be honest, I use a couple of different players on my iPad that are UPnP clients.
sgtbobie
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Caress » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 am

Don't know if this will help but I've recently attached a western digital 1tb hard drive to a Cisco lynksys 3000 wireless modem. Configured it to allow FTP access. And now I'm streaming away on Oplayer with no problems at all. So if the web browser feature fails try configuring it for FTP
Caress
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Jockodasoco » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi people,
Just to introduce myself as an 'elderly' newbie to this forum. I also purchased the I-pad 3 to go with my Archos 101 because I have several grandchildren and it is a fight as to whom is playing with what. My solution was the GoFlex Satellite ' cos it could handle three devices,(children), 1 on the I-pad, 1 on the Archos and 1 on the computer. I have tried both apps on the devices and none of them appear to work. I can transfer films,music etc to thegoflex via the computer but I cannot get them to play on the I-pad or Archos. Or at least the devices do 'see' the GoFlex.....any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jockodasoco
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:42 am

Jockodasoco wrote:Hi people,
Just to introduce myself as an 'elderly' newbie to this forum. I also purchased the I-pad 3 to go with my Archos 101 because I have several grandchildren and it is a fight as to whom is playing with what. My solution was the GoFlex Satellite ' cos it could handle three devices,(children), 1 on the I-pad, 1 on the Archos and 1 on the computer. I have tried both apps on the devices and none of them appear to work. I can transfer films,music etc to thegoflex via the computer but I cannot get them to play on the I-pad or Archos. Or at least the devices do 'see' the GoFlex.....any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

try the solution " tommac2" mentioned above
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby phil1211 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi all,

I have an Ipad2, the Goflex and I have installed oplayer lite. I managed to upload a file from the Goflex to the Ipad using the url connection "www.anyurl.com" but now when I try do to the same, the connection is looping without being able to display the list of the file stored on the goflex....do you have any solution ? Thanks in advance

Regards
phil1211
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 am

phil1211 wrote:Hi all,

I have an Ipad2, the Goflex and I have installed oplayer lite. I managed to upload a file from the Goflex to the Ipad using the url connection "www.anyurl.com" but now when I try do to the same, the connection is looping without being able to display the list of the file stored on the goflex....do you have any solution ? Thanks in advance

Regards

Try the solution tommac2 mentioned above.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]