How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folders

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby hfuhruhurr » Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 am

admin wrote:
hfuhruhurr wrote: ... Trying to connect with Oplayer to a Win7 SMB Share. ...

This is an old compatibility issue with lion os, so which samba server you were using?


Eh? This topic is about streaming from windows platform share folders and I was talking about unsuccessfully trying to connect with Oplayer to a Windows 7 Samba share. Your own answer to Bob on 03.03. was "We will try to fix the port issue in the next update."
hfuhruhurr
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby admin » Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 am

hfuhruhurr wrote:
admin wrote:
hfuhruhurr wrote: ... Trying to connect with Oplayer to a Win7 SMB Share. ...

This is an old compatibility issue with lion os, so which samba server you were using?


Eh? This topic is about streaming from windows platform share folders and I was talking about unsuccessfully trying to connect with Oplayer to a Windows 7 Samba share. Your own answer to Bob on 03.03. was "We will try to fix the port issue in the next update."


OPlayer has no issue with windows7 samba sharing, only has issue with the newest lion os, but this bug also been fixed already.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby ps517 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:39 am

I have followed the setup instruction and tried everything but somehow my iphone just doesn't seem to be connected with my windows 7 shared folder.
My computer is sharing files with my TVs and has been working properly without problem.
I can use itunes to send files to iphone through wifi without problem. I just don't know why I can share a folder with iphone.
For your information, I can see a list of devices being connected to the homegroup but the iphone isn't there.
Do I need to downloand any extra program in order to download/stream from windows platform share folders? Please kindly help me out!
ps517
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:33 am

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby admin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:07 am

ps517 wrote:I have followed the setup instruction and tried everything but somehow my iphone just doesn't seem to be connected with my windows 7 shared folder.
My computer is sharing files with my TVs and has been working properly without problem.
I can use itunes to send files to iphone through wifi without problem. I just don't know why I can share a folder with iphone.
For your information, I can see a list of devices being connected to the homegroup but the iphone isn't there.
Do I need to downloand any extra program in order to download/stream from windows platform share folders? Please kindly help me out!


No, you can't see iPhone in the homegroup, just share folders in windows, and then add correctly server information with username/pass in OPlayer.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby pixioline » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:50 pm

I had the same windows sharing issue and I discovered that was because of my user without password account.
Using another windows user with password, the OPlayer works fine.
Now I can see files inside the shared folder and add it to the queue to transfer it to my iPad.

Good luck !
Rodrigo
pixioline
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby Superkefir » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:58 am

Problem with streaming: i add samba file server to ipad (shared on windows 7) and after few minutes (about 5-7) the player stops play and starts the video from the beginning. Is it possible to solve this problem?
Superkefir
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby admin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:02 am

Superkefir wrote:Problem with streaming: i add samba file server to ipad (shared on windows 7) and after few minutes (about 5-7) the player stops play and starts the video from the beginning. Is it possible to solve this problem?

Some network issue may cause the connection closed, then comes to another file.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby xiaolv » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm

I saw oplayer "It supports hidden shares."
My samba server is samba v 3.5 on Ubuntu 11.10 - 3.0.0-12.20 kernel
[Example]
path = /home/user/example
browseable = no

how could I download/stream from this hidden share? I couldn't find a way to add a path that likes "smb://xxxx/example"
xiaolv
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby admin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:01 am

xiaolv wrote:I saw oplayer "It supports hidden shares."
My samba server is samba v 3.5 on Ubuntu 11.10 - 3.0.0-12.20 kernel
[Example]
path = /home/user/example
browseable = no

how could I download/stream from this hidden share? I couldn't find a way to add a path that likes "smb://xxxx/example"

1)you can add a smb server by click + button, then browser to the sub folder
2)in the open url section, you can open smb://username:pass@xxx/xxx.avi if you know the directly file path.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: How to Download/Stream from WINDOWS platform share folde

Postby faresallolo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Hello,

Thank you for everything

When I try to stream any video file on my iPad oplayer HD

It hold for 3 seconds then crush

Download is working but streaming crush

before that it was working very good but now it's not.

Thanks
faresallolo
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests