Cant play .avi?

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Cant play .avi?

Postby stealth finger » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi, so found this app (oplayer lite) to play some .avi on my iphone (pretty sure its a 3g on 4.0). I've used the usb transfer method with no problems and in oplayer the files appear fine (4 .avi between 550mb and 1.6gb) but when I click the file I want to play I get a black sceen for 1-2 seconds then it just goes back to the desktop and nothing happens, this is on all 4 files. Any advice would be much appreciated.

/edit

Just updated the device os and itunes to the latest version...no dice :(
stealth finger
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Cant play .avi?

Postby scherii » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:30 am

You can try to find out which codec is used (you can use VLC media player, it's in the menu somewhere in *extras* > codec).

Greets :)
scherii
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Cant play .avi?

Postby admin » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

stealth finger wrote:Hi, so found this app (oplayer lite) to play some .avi on my iphone (pretty sure its a 3g on 4.0). I've used the usb transfer method with no problems and in oplayer the files appear fine (4 .avi between 550mb and 1.6gb) but when I click the file I want to play I get a black sceen for 1-2 seconds then it just goes back to the desktop and nothing happens, this is on all 4 files. Any advice would be much appreciated.

/edit

Just updated the device os and itunes to the latest version...no dice :(

Non native format such as AVI can't be played in iPhone3g and earlier iphone.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]