Airplayer and mybook live

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Airplayer and mybook live

Postby Plinka » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 am

I have had the Mybook live for about a month. I wanted to be able to play videos I have stored on the drive, on my iPad.

I have purchased various apps that have promised me the world but have let me down. Your assistance would be appreciated. I have lurked in the forums for a month now, hoping to find someone else with the problem, but have seen no one else with the same issue.

Airplayer does not recognize my MyBook live automatically.
I configured the twonky server as http://[ip]:9000/DeviceDescription.xml which seemed to work because it sees the server, but when I select it it doesn't find the public folder (or any other folder). I get no error, just an empty screen, but i tried rebuilding the database anyway, and it didn't help.
I am not using a username or password.
The drive is recognized on my macs and my pc without any issues (as a network location)
My wdtv live connects without issues.

I eventually paid for the wdpro2go app which allows me to play some videos, but they have to be iPad/iTunes compatible videos (mp4). Would really like to get Airplayer to work.

(Also i think you should update twonky server info on manual setup page since I am the second person to post that the server is http://[ip]:9000/DeviceDescription.xml not http://[ip]:9000/TMSDeviceDescription.xml. Unless that is just a wd my book live thing)

Any help would be appreciated.
Plinka
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Airplayer and mybook live

Postby admin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:17 am

I don't have this device, but if you can post your server information to olimsoft@gmail.com, we will help you test it from here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hoggy2307 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:50 am

Hello I’m all new to this and I have a iPad and iPhone that I want to be able to access my nas drive which is a my book world which has a twonky media server on it….

I have the airplayer app on both but I want to be able to access my nas from these if I’m at my mothers house via wifi or if I’m at some one else’s house?

I have a virgin media super hub and know how to access the settings page but as far as that goes I’m a bit stumped ?

Can some one help and give me an idiots guide ? Step by step as to what to do? how and when ? Just to get this remote feature of AirPlayer to work ?

Any help is appreciated

Haha I mean a real idiots guide "step by step what to do"

Hoggy07@hotmail.co.uk
Hoggy2307
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri May 25, 2012 2:46 am

click the server detail button to get detail steps when the server was detected in your local network.

and
1) before add the public description url in AirPlayer, you can simply input the url in safari to see whether you can get a xml file, which means you have port mapping correctly.[of course in the public internet]
2) send us the description file to see whether you need to port another port for streaming.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]