Can I delete & other questions?

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Can I delete & other questions?

Postby ovbg » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Before I continue, I must confess I really don't know the difference between Airplayer and OPlayer. Both seem very similar to me so maybe someone can help with my questions before I purchase.

Basically, I need to stream videos from my NAS to my iPad to Airplay over to the Apple TV. It seems from reading a bit, that both these programs do that. I have a QNAP NAS (ARM version TS219II P) with Twonky already installed.

1) Before I go any further, the most important feature for me is to be able to delete the videos after watching them. This seems to be a feature missing on so many other DLNA or Twonky apps. This feature is very important to us, so if it does not allow deleting the videos directly from the iPad after watching we can not purchase.
2) Can we use our existing Twonky DLNA server on the QNAP? This works directly from our Samsung TV, but does not allow pausing, fast forwarding, deleting or rewinding, so that is important to us.
3) I guess we can fast forward, rewind & pause directly from the iPad, if someone can confirm this.
4) All our videos are in MP4 format. I don't know exactly if they are the same or not, though many are HD.

Thanks in advance for any help.
ovbg
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Can I delete & other questions?

Postby admin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:27 am

In this situation, suggest to use AirPlayer
1)not supports delete files
2)yes
3)yes
4)yes, for HD files you can try to use quicktime plugin.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I delete & other questions?

Postby ovbg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:56 am

Thanks for your reply.

As the delete function was extremely important to me, I have decided to go with another app. A pity as I liked the concept and design of this one.

I must say that it was rather difficult to find an App that does all this and includes a delete function. Maybe I am out of touch with the world, but I seem to be one of the few that doesn't want to keep every TV program I record. Delete has been standard since the very first days of PVR's, so I am wondering why all of a sudden it is becoming harder to find.

On the other hand, every other app I have looked at that didn't have a delete option had other people posting they wanted it. Is it especially complex to implement?
ovbg
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]