Manually add a network share? (for Cubestation CS407)

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Manually add a network share? (for Cubestation CS407)

Postby poetickinetics » Tue May 29, 2012 4:46 am

Hi,

I have a Synology Cubestation CS407 and the AirPlayer app for iPad Gen3.
I currently have WD media players hooked up to the server and they stream movies correctl when I manually add a Network Share.

In AirPlayer, the app locates my server correctly and displays the folder lists, however when I open a subfolder, the contents are not correct. It lists only a couple of old movies (which are no longer on the server). I have experienced the same problem with other media players such as the built-in media player in the Samsung TV's, but I have solved this by using SammyGo extensions and manually adding the network share.

It is possibly a problem with the Synology server being not-quite DLNA compatible (as this was a software upgrade rather than factory DLNA compliant).

So is there a way to manually add a network share (login account and specific folder) within AirPlayer? (not just manually adding a server, as this still doesn't seem to work).

If anyone else has a CS407 and has Airplayer working, can you please let me know. Thanks heaps. :)
poetickinetics
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Manually add a network share? (for Cubestation CS407)

Postby admin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:35 pm

poetickinetics wrote:Hi,

I have a Synology Cubestation CS407 and the AirPlayer app for iPad Gen3.
I currently have WD media players hooked up to the server and they stream movies correctl when I manually add a Network Share.

In AirPlayer, the app locates my server correctly and displays the folder lists, however when I open a subfolder, the contents are not correct. It lists only a couple of old movies (which are no longer on the server). I have experienced the same problem with other media players such as the built-in media player in the Samsung TV's, but I have solved this by using SammyGo extensions and manually adding the network share.

It is possibly a problem with the Synology server being not-quite DLNA compatible (as this was a software upgrade rather than factory DLNA compliant).

So is there a way to manually add a network share (login account and specific folder) within AirPlayer? (not just manually adding a server, as this still doesn't seem to work).

If anyone else has a CS407 and has Airplayer working, can you please let me know. Thanks heaps. :)

Have you tried a rebuild in your server side?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]