Crashes when loading directories from Fuppes server

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Crashes when loading directories from Fuppes server

Postby Elviswarhol » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 am

Using Fuppes media server on Windows 7 with out issue with other devices (Revo Heritage radio) and even other players on iPad (ML Player lite) however, air player crashes whenever I attempt to read the main audio folder (250 folders approximate). Recognises server and short directories of one or two folders appear fine. Encoding for FUPPES is set to UTF-8. Any suggestions as to how I can get Airplayer to work correctly?
Elviswarhol
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Crashes when loading directories from Fuppes server

Postby admin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:55 am

Can I know your device's generation, iPhone3G and earlier can't be used to play non-native media formats, due to CPU issue.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elviswarhol » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 am

I'm trying to run the AirPlayer on an iPad. Fuppes' device settings are default. DNLA is on.
Elviswarhol
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Elviswarhol » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 am

Transcoding is on in FUPPES and the only media in the folders is either MP3 or JPG. Even if there was media in the folders that was not Native, surely the player should not crash when simply trying to list top level folder names? Appreciate any help you can offer to get the player running.
Elviswarhol
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 pm

For iPad, no file format limit
1) Make sure your transcoding in the server sider is off.
2) Make sure the media server provides the other formats media files to us, we are a client, just shows the server provided to us.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elviswarhol » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 am

Have tried with transcoding on and off. There is no difference. The Airplayer still crashes when attempting to list folders in the main music directory. The server is running correctly as other players/clients are able to display listing correctly, and play files. The AirPlayer is not even able to load a list of folders/containers without crashing. Ie, it's not even at a point where file types and transcoding would play a part as there are only folders/containers to list, no files. FUPPES allows for customized settings according to the device type connecting to it, what I'm wondering is, is there a setting I can adjust here to help the AirPlayer not crash? Other players and devices work without issue, so from my perspective, the problem is with how the AirPlayer is processing the response from the server, if I can adjustthat output in some way to get the player to work, great, otherwise I would like my money back as the product is not working as described.
Elviswarhol
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:58 am

Elviswarhol wrote:Have tried with transcoding on and off. There is no difference. The Airplayer still crashes when attempting to list folders in the main music directory. The server is running correctly as other players/clients are able to display listing correctly, and play files. The AirPlayer is not even able to load a list of folders/containers without crashing. Ie, it's not even at a point where file types and transcoding would play a part as there are only folders/containers to list, no files. FUPPES allows for customized settings according to the device type connecting to it, what I'm wondering is, is there a setting I can adjust here to help the AirPlayer not crash? Other players and devices work without issue, so from my perspective, the problem is with how the AirPlayer is processing the response from the server, if I can adjustthat output in some way to get the player to work, great, otherwise I would like my money back as the product is not working as described.

Yep, if you can help to test, provide your public address of your media server info to olimsoft@gmail.com, we will help to test it.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ptrouw » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:12 am

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem crahes on the Ipad (os 4.2). The only configuration difference is that I am running the fuppes on a XP. Other clients like MS media player are working fine. Did you already have a solutions or work around, or something I could change on the server settings?
ptrouw
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]