Subtitles included in mp4

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Subtitles included in mp4

Postby MrA » Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi!

I have recently bought an Ipad 3 with the new apple tv and have a Synology DS-211j NAS.
With this combo, AirPlayer seemed like a nice App that would solve my needs to stream videos from my NAS to my TV.

I have started the job to convert all my videos (avi:s with srt:s) into mp4 with included subs since I understood that it shoud work.

My problem is that when I play the mp4-video on my Ipad (with AirPlayer), the video and the subs are there, but as soon as I select Apple YV as output the subs disappears. The video is playing just fine, but no subs are visible on the TV screen.

My question is if this is possible, and if so, how I do to be able to see the video with subs on my TV (though Apple TV).

BR,
MrA
MrA
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Subtitles included in mp4

Postby admin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:37 pm

MrA wrote:Hi!

I have recently bought an Ipad 3 with the new apple tv and have a Synology DS-211j NAS.
With this combo, AirPlayer seemed like a nice App that would solve my needs to stream videos from my NAS to my TV.

I have started the job to convert all my videos (avi:s with srt:s) into mp4 with included subs since I understood that it shoud work.

My problem is that when I play the mp4-video on my Ipad (with AirPlayer), the video and the subs are there, but as soon as I select Apple YV as output the subs disappears. The video is playing just fine, but no subs are visible on the TV screen.

My question is if this is possible, and if so, how I do to be able to see the video with subs on my TV (though Apple TV).

BR,
MrA

Next update will support this.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrA » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:10 pm

So when is next release scheduled? It has now been 10 months since the last one, so i hope it'll be soon... :)
MrA
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:08 am

MrA wrote:So when is next release scheduled? It has now been 10 months since the last one, so i hope it'll be soon... :)

We will submit it to app store this week, it needs extra week for apple to review it.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrA » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:35 pm

No news about the new version?
MrA
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:05 am

MrA wrote:Hi!

BR,
MrA

Next update will fix it , it is in apple's review.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrA » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi!

I have just upgraded to the newly released version, but I still have the same problem. Subs will show up when played on the ipad, but as soon as I click on the symbol to transfer the picture to the apple tv, the subs stops being displayed. Sounds and picture are displayed, but no subs.

Is there some setting you have to do to enable them?

Thanks in advance,
Anders
MrA
Beignner
Beignner

Postby mq-zhu@live.cn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 am

hi, MrA:
In order to solve your problem, may i ask you some questions:
1, when you play your mp4 video with TV out Airplay through apple tv, will you see the subtitle in your ipad3 ?
because if the video support subtile, the ipad3 and apple tv will show the subtitle together.

BR.
mq-zhu@live.cn
Developer
Developer

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]