Airplayer/Netgear ReadyNas Duo V2

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Airplayer/Netgear ReadyNas Duo V2

Postby Stu49 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:40 pm

The App can't see my NAS drive (Netgear ReadyNas Duo V2). My Playstation 3 can and plays files but the Airplayer App cannot....

Help?
Stu49
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Airplayer/Netgear ReadyNas Duo V2

Postby admin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:15 am

Stu49 wrote:The App can't see my NAS drive (Netgear ReadyNas Duo V2). My Playstation 3 can and plays files but the Airplayer App cannot....

Help?

can you make sure you have enabled upnp functions in your nas side? and connects to the same route?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stu49 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:41 pm

admin wrote:can you make sure you have enabled upnp functions in your nas side? and connects to the same route?

Yep, DLNA and UPNP are enabled. The NAS, my PC, the Playstation 3 and iPad all connected to the same router (although the iPad is over wireless while the others are wired).

As I said, the Playstation 3 can see the ReadyNas on the network and plays media fine...
Stu49
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Stu49 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:03 am

Fixed it!

In my Belkin router, under the LAN settings (but only shown if DHCP was enabled) was an option called IGMP. It was set to Enabled and so I disabled it. Now Airplayer can see my NAS and everything works.

Cool bit of software, btw!
Stu49
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]