Synching issue playing HD from Humax

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Synching issue playing HD from Humax

Postby mackerg4 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I have a Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR using custom firmware which decrypts the recorded HD files. This allows me to stream both HD and SD recordings perfectly on a Mac using VLC.

I just bought the Airplayer app which I'm running on a 4th generation iPad and can happily stream SD recordings from the Humax to a Apple TV3. However when trying to stream the HD recordings the audio is badly out of sync with the video, the audio lags behind the video by a couple of second or more.

I have cache set to 20MB but the rest of the settings have not been changed. Is there a setting I should adjust to make the video and audio synchronise properly like it does on VLC?

Thanks.
mackerg4
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Synching issue playing HD from Humax

Postby admin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:11 am

mackerg4 wrote:I have a Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR using custom firmware which decrypts the recorded HD files. This allows me to stream both HD and SD recordings perfectly on a Mac using VLC.

I just bought the Airplayer app which I'm running on a 4th generation iPad and can happily stream SD recordings from the Humax to a Apple TV3. However when trying to stream the HD recordings the audio is badly out of sync with the video, the audio lags behind the video by a couple of second or more.

I have cache set to 20MB but the rest of the settings have not been changed. Is there a setting I should adjust to make the video and audio synchronise properly like it does on VLC?

Thanks.

Have you tried play the file locally? will the audio and video in sync?
if it can be played smoothly in locally, then maybe a network bandwidth issue.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]