Playing albums on iPhone 3G

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Playing albums on iPhone 3G

Postby cb83 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm trying to use an old iPhone 3G (iOS 4.2.1) with AirPlayer to stream music from a NetGear ReadyNAS to a Bose SoundDock.

It all works fine (certainly a lot smoother experience than a lot of the other DNLA apps I've tried!), apart from the issue whereby the play-mode icon isn't visible on the screen, so I can only play individual tracks, one at a time.

Can you explain the following please?
1) What does the 'plugin' setting do, and why is this important as to whether the play-mode icon is shown or not?
2) What is a 'native format' for iPhone 3G / iOS 4.2.1?
3) What are the minimum requirements to be able to play whole albums / have the play-mode icon show?

Is it possible to get this working on iOS 4 at all?

Thanks in advance

PS) See related posts:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11477
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11365
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11243
cb83
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Playing albums on iPhone 3G

Postby admin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:57 am

cb83 wrote:I'm trying to use an old iPhone 3G (iOS 4.2.1) with AirPlayer to stream music from a NetGear ReadyNAS to a Bose SoundDock.

It all works fine (certainly a lot smoother experience than a lot of the other DNLA apps I've tried!), apart from the issue whereby the play-mode icon isn't visible on the screen, so I can only play individual tracks, one at a time.

Can you explain the following please?
1) What does the 'plugin' setting do, and why is this important as to whether the play-mode icon is shown or not?
2) What is a 'native format' for iPhone 3G / iOS 4.2.1?
3) What are the minimum requirements to be able to play whole albums / have the play-mode icon show?

Is it possible to get this working on iOS 4 at all?

Thanks in advance

PS) See related posts:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11477
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11365
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11243

1)it uses for non-native media format.
2)native format is mp4/mp3/mov/m4v/3gp
3)iPhone3gs or later models
iPod 3 or later models
iPad all models
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Playing albums on iPhone 3G

Postby JackWhite7 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:59 pm

You really should make it clear on the app store page that it doesn't work properly on ipod 2 or lower - I wouldn't have bought it had I known this.
JackWhite7
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]