Big movie files crash my app

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Big movie files crash my app

Postby Trueman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 am

Hello,

ive downloaded you AIRPLAYER to my iPAD 4 with RETINA and try to connect to my UPNP server (QNAP NAS 109 PRO with TWONKY 5.1.6) and i have a problem :(

Small files are opening with no problem (less than 700MB) - bigger make my app crash :( furthermore i cant see whole list of files (no 720 versions).

OPLAYER LITE shows all my files and navigation is much better - but its still crash when i try to open bigger AVI or MKV files. Does the payable version of OPLAYER will launch all the files that i see on the server? LITE version cant even open my JPG files :(

what should i do?

which application should i use to watch my films which are on the server thru WIFI?

thanks in advance.

UPDATE
ive updated my TWONKY SERWER software to actual version and it works ok. But there is one more weird thing - when i try to open video file from normal catalogue - it works perfect. But all my video files are in the "_MOVIES" folder - over 1000 files. And when i try to open one of them - the application crashes.

What is the problem? Ammount of files in one folder - or main folder name with "_" name on it?

Ive changed the name - still application dont even starting to downloading the chosen movie files. there is no problem with Mp3.

Any idea?

UPDATE 2
ok i have some progress.

since i have my all movies in X:/public/_Movies/ i notice one thing - when im trying to start movie from for ex:
X:/public/_Movies/movie_name/file.avi - its works perfect.

but

when i try the same when movie file is in main catalogue - for ex:
X:/public/_Movies/file.avi

it doesnt even start download and app is crashing next minute.

but when i move one movie file to new catalogue - it just working as it should be from the first time.

do i have to move all my video files to separate folders? it will be a nightmare :(

please help
Trueman
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Big movie files crash my app

Postby admin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:36 am

after you add new movies, have you tried a rescan in your server side?
and yes, special charcters may casue app crash due to file name encoding issue.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Big movie files crash my app

Postby Trueman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:21 am

admin wrote:after you add new movies, have you tried a rescan in your server side?
and yes, special charcters may casue app crash due to file name encoding issue.

Ok so what i did was:
- ive update my MEDIA SERVER to TWONKY 7
- remove all special characters from file name and paths.

what i achieve for AIRPLAYER (full version) is:
- i see all files
- all are playable
- i cant open external subtitles in .txt files - especcialy in MKV

For OPLAYER HD LITE (it still looks better and navigation on my server is also very good):
- i see all files
- if movie file is in separate catalogue - it works
- if i have all movies in one catalogue - it crashes (and not even try to start dowloading the file)

what can i do with that? i have almost 1000 movies i dont to move each into a separate folder.

both programs runs almost perfect smoothly - but do you plan to make some decoders update?

thanks for you help.
Trueman
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]