Music on AirPlayer shows as QT movie--won't advance

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Music on AirPlayer shows as QT movie--won't advance

Postby richlen2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:49 pm

I have an older Generation 2 iPod Touch that I stream music to using iOS4.1 and Airplayer. Apparently Airplayer updated and now my music from my media server (Yazsoft's Playback) is showing up as a Quicktime movie. Songs play fine EXCEPT it only plays one song at a time in a playlist. Like any Quicktime video file it plays the file then stops, not going to the next video--but with music this is a problem as it won't go to the next song. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this so Airplayer either plays to the next song in the Playlist or reverts back to being seen as a music file (AAC or MP3). By the way, when I use my iPhone 5 and Airplayer the songs appear as music files not quicktime files. Thank you.
richlen2
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Music on AirPlayer shows as QT movie--won't advance

Postby admin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:20 am

richlen2 wrote:I have an older Generation 2 iPod Touch that I stream music to using iOS4.1 and Airplayer. Apparently Airplayer updated and now my music from my media server (Yazsoft's Playback) is showing up as a Quicktime movie. Songs play fine EXCEPT it only plays one song at a time in a playlist. Like any Quicktime video file it plays the file then stops, not going to the next video--but with music this is a problem as it won't go to the next song. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this so Airplayer either plays to the next song in the Playlist or reverts back to being seen as a music file (AAC or MP3). By the way, when I use my iPhone 5 and Airplayer the songs appear as music files not quicktime files. Thank you.

For non-native media formats you need iPod gen3 or later models.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby richlen2 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Thank you for the response. They are native files that play fine in all other apps on the iPod Touch. I only use AAC and Mp3 files. But in AirPlayer they show as Quicktime when they didn't before. Was it a change to Airplayer that caused it? Anything I can do short of buying a new iPod touch?
richlen2
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 am

richlen2 wrote:Thank you for the response. They are native files that play fine in all other apps on the iPod Touch. I only use AAC and Mp3 files. But in AirPlayer they show as Quicktime when they didn't before. Was it a change to Airplayer that caused it? Anything I can do short of buying a new iPod touch?

if only mp3 files, you can sure enable quicktime plugin in the settings page to play it, but for aac files, quicktime plugin not support it.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby richlen2 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:40 pm

The problem is the music plays but since it shows up as a QT movie--in no matter what playback setting I use QT, default, or FF--the song ends and won't advance to the next song. How can I get it to advance instead of stopping?
richlen2
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:15 am

richlen2 wrote:The problem is the music plays but since it shows up as a QT movie--in no matter what playback setting I use QT, default, or FF--the song ends and won't advance to the next song. How can I get it to advance instead of stopping?

as iPod gen2 or eaarlier models only supports quicktime plugin, and quicktime plugin not support continue play now.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]