low resolution of streamed photos

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

low resolution of streamed photos

Postby mark24 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello forum members,

I'm using Airplayer 1.1.03 on an ipad3 with OS 5.1.1.

My photos are on a WD My book live (I could not figure out the Twonky version, but I bought the device just 3 weeks ago). When loading the pictures to the ipad I only get them in a quite low resolution - even already disappointing without zooming in. This is much worse than when watching the same pictures via RemotePotato on the ipad3 from a Win7 PC. The photos have actually 2600 x 3450 pixel, but when viewed with Airplayer they do not even reach ipad3 resolution - already blocks w/o zoom.

Since I would like to use the NAS instead of turning on the PC I'm interested to figure out the mistake in my setup. I guess there is one, because otherwise I would not understand all the good ratings on the app.

hope for your advice, mark24
mark24
Beignner
Beignner

Re: low resolution of streamed photos

Postby admin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:47 am

mark24 wrote:Hello forum members,

I'm using Airplayer 1.1.03 on an ipad3 with OS 5.1.1.

My photos are on a WD My book live (I could not figure out the Twonky version, but I bought the device just 3 weeks ago). When loading the pictures to the ipad I only get them in a quite low resolution - even already disappointing without zooming in. This is much worse than when watching the same pictures via RemotePotato on the ipad3 from a Win7 PC. The photos have actually 2600 x 3450 pixel, but when viewed with Airplayer they do not even reach ipad3 resolution - already blocks w/o zoom.

Since I would like to use the NAS instead of turning on the PC I'm interested to figure out the mistake in my setup. I guess there is one, because otherwise I would not understand all the good ratings on the app.

hope for your advice, mark24

we will lower the resolution to 1024*1358 if your photo is too large, as ios has memory limitation, and we load all the image at the same time.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mark24 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:21 pm

So you are saying the lower resolution than ipad3 is built in and not a setup issue in my configuration. And there is no way to get it to Full screen Resolution.

I can anyway look only to one picture in full Screen Mode, so I would expect this one to get more and more detailed, and only then loading something which might be of interest. Why loading them all parallel ? I don't understand the benefit of that approach. This is done clearly more smarter by Apps like RemotePotato. With such a restriction airplayer is for me not usable for Streaming photos.

Any improvement ahead?

Thanks, mark24
mark24
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:33 am

mark24 wrote:So you are saying the lower resolution than ipad3 is built in and not a setup issue in my configuration. And there is no way to get it to Full screen Resolution.

I can anyway look only to one picture in full Screen Mode, so I would expect this one to get more and more detailed, and only then loading something which might be of interest. Why loading them all parallel ? I don't understand the benefit of that approach. This is done clearly more smarter by Apps like RemotePotato. With such a restriction airplayer is for me not usable for Streaming photos.

Any improvement ahead?

Thanks, mark24

this is becasue we load all the photos at the same time, if one file is over 3MB, then the momory of the iPad will not enough, that's why we limit the resolution, we may enhace this in the future update..
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]