Only 100 channels shown with HDHomeRun Live DMS

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Re: Only 100 channels shown with HDHomeRun Live DMS

Postby jafa » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:13 pm

mbnwa wrote:That would make it hard to test this from external it would seem

For testing could you code the client to detect the local IP in the XML and substitute it for the public IP?
jafa
Beignner
Beignner

Postby mbnwa » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 pm

I am just a customer of SiliconDust with an HDHomeRun allowing the creators of AirPlayer to test the app - I guess this is a change they can make to the code.
mbnwa
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:49 am

jafa wrote:
mbnwa wrote:That would make it hard to test this from external it would seem

For testing could you code the client to detect the local IP in the XML and substitute it for the public IP?

Hi Jafa:
Many upnp servers already support access from external now, you can check it.
We will change from our client to see whether we can replace the local ip to external ip.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jafa » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 pm

admin wrote:Many upnp servers already support access from external now, you can check it.
We will change from our client to see whether we can replace the local ip to external ip.

If all services are on the same port then it is possible to avoid specifying the IP address in the device XML file. This would allow communication using port forwarding.

We use different ports for HTTP, SOAP, GENA, and video which means the IP address must be published in the device XML file. The device does not know the public IP address(es) used by the upstream NAT box.

Nick
jafa
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:10 am

jafa wrote:
admin wrote:Many upnp servers already support access from external now, you can check it.

If all services are on the same port then it is possible to avoid specifying the IP address in the device XML file. This would allow communication using port forwarding.

We use different ports for HTTP, SOAP, GENA, and video which means the IP address must be published in the device XML file. The device does not know the public IP address(es) used by the upstream NAT box.

Nick

We will try to request serveral times for your server.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeddyR » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 am

Software: AirPlayer 1.1.05
Device: iPad 2
Server: HDHomeRun Live DMS

I also seeing this issue.

Airplayer can see the device "HDHomeRun Live DMS XXXXXXXX (where XXXXXXXX=my DMS device ID) , the folders "Cable TV" and "Premium Cable TV". When I try to go into the "Cable TV" folder, it only shows a limited number of channels (the first ~100 or so). Other devices are able to connect to the HDHomeRun Live DMS XXXXXXXX and see the channel list from the Cable TV folder as well as connect to and display the content of alot more channels within that folder.
TeddyR
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 am

TeddyR wrote:Software: AirPlayer 1.1.05
Device: iPad 2
Server: HDHomeRun Live DMS

I also seeing this issue.

Airplayer can see the device "HDHomeRun Live DMS XXXXXXXX (where XXXXXXXX=my DMS device ID) , the folders "Cable TV" and "Premium Cable TV". When I try to go into the "Cable TV" folder, it only shows a limited number of channels (the first ~100 or so). Other devices are able to connect to the HDHomeRun Live DMS XXXXXXXX and see the channel list from the Cable TV folder as well as connect to and display the content of alot more channels within that folder.

Next update we will fix this issue, if you still have issue, remember to post it here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mbnwa » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 am

Awesome so do you guys need me to keep the server online with the public IP? also will the next version keep this IP re-write so that if I want to access the HDHomeRun remotely?
mbnwa
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:08 am

mbnwa wrote:Awesome so do you guys need me to keep the server online with the public IP? also will the next version keep this IP re-write so that if I want to access the HDHomeRun remotely?

Hi, thanks for your help, you can close it now :0
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeddyR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:14 am

-bump

Please let us know the anticipated timeline for the release of the next version that will have the fix.
TeddyR
Beignner
Beignner

PreviousNext

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]