Can access files over 4G but files do not open

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Can access files over 4G but files do not open

Postby sdrhythm » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:26 am

I'm using an iphone 5 to access my MyBookLive 3TB NAS. I can see the files over 4G (after a slight delay accessing the server). I've done the correct port forwarding through the router. I believe twonky media server is set to transcoding disabled by default, but i haven't found an exact method of verifying. Assuming that transcoding is disabled on the TWS end, is there anything else i need to do to get files to work over 4G? I've tried photos and videos, both begin to open but get stuck in loading with the loader circling forever. Do i need to assign a static IP for my phone or anything? Thanks! Your app is great and it works flawlessly over my LAN.
sdrhythm
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Can access files over 4G but files do not open

Postby admin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:24 am

sdrhythm wrote:I'm using an iphone 5 to access my MyBookLive 3TB NAS. I can see the files over 4G (after a slight delay accessing the server). I've done the correct port forwarding through the router. I believe twonky media server is set to transcoding disabled by default, but i haven't found an exact method of verifying. Assuming that transcoding is disabled on the TWS end, is there anything else i need to do to get files to work over 4G? I've tried photos and videos, both begin to open but get stuck in loading with the loader circling forever. Do i need to assign a static IP for my phone or anything? Thanks! Your app is great and it works flawlessly over my LAN.

access the description file in safari, and you can see, the streaming using another port, so you need to open another port in your route.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]