Is it possible to add a DLNA-Server over IP-address

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Is it possible to add a DLNA-Server over IP-address

Postby Naderio » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello friends :)

first of all, i'm german and maybe my english is not as good as I wish it would be...erm...yes - stop that^^

My problem: I'm using my iPhone with a VPN tunnel wich connects me to my home-network. As someone of you may know it is not easy/cheap to handly DLNA Broadcasts or Multicast over a VPN connection. Now I am using an other App I have bougth for streaming music in wlan. When I connect it at home with the DLNA Server, stop playing, go outside and then activate VPN I am able to hear my music, because the app remembers the connection (until restart :cry: ). If I could tell the app that it should always communicate with this fixed IP address - anything would be fine.

Now the question: Is it possible to create a permanent entry in the server-list with an fixed IP address in Airplayer? If yes, olimsoft will have one more customer :-D

I hope you understand what i want ;-)

Thanks all,

Naderio.
Naderio
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Is it possible to add a DLNA-Server over IP-address

Postby admin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:52 am

Naderio wrote:Hello friends :)

first of all, i'm german and maybe my english is not as good as I wish it would be...erm...yes - stop that^^

My problem: I'm using my iPhone with a VPN tunnel wich connects me to my home-network. As someone of you may know it is not easy/cheap to handly DLNA Broadcasts or Multicast over a VPN connection. Now I am using an other App I have bougth for streaming music in wlan. When I connect it at home with the DLNA Server, stop playing, go outside and then activate VPN I am able to hear my music, because the app remembers the connection (until restart :cry: ). If I could tell the app that it should always communicate with this fixed IP address - anything would be fine.

Now the question: Is it possible to create a permanent entry in the server-list with an fixed IP address in Airplayer? If yes, olimsoft will have one more customer :-D

I hope you understand what i want ;-)

Thanks all,

Naderio.

Yes, you can, you can manually add a server if you have fixed public ip, or you can do port mapping in your route.
when the server was detected in your local network. click the detail button after the server name, you can see steps how to add it manually.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]