Music: Fails to find contents list.

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Music: Fails to find contents list.

Postby tictac » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 am

Hi

I have installed Airplay on 5 family ISO devices and they find pictuers and movies and play them without any difficulty. however the music collection on the same server set up the indentical way to the pictures and movies works only very occasionaly. I most cases it will display " Failed to recieve contents list, please check sever settings" this could come up when just selecting music, or I can some times navigate all the way througth until folder view and it will come up then.

I have 2,016 files in my music collection holding 14,000 tracks made up of ma4, wma, amd mp3.

Thanks in advance for any pointersyou can give me on this.
tictac
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Music: Fails to find contents list.

Postby admin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:33 pm

tictac wrote:Hi

I have installed Airplay on 5 family ISO devices and they find pictuers and movies and play them without any difficulty. however the music collection on the same server set up the indentical way to the pictures and movies works only very occasionaly. I most cases it will display " Failed to recieve contents list, please check sever settings" this could come up when just selecting music, or I can some times navigate all the way througth until folder view and it will come up then.

I have 2,016 files in my music collection holding 14,000 tracks made up of ma4, wma, amd mp3.

Thanks in advance for any pointersyou can give me on this.

can you share your server information to let us test it from here? when it was detected in your local network, click the detail page to see how to add it manually.
send it to us by private message.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tictac » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 am

This is only on my local network it is not shareed accross the web?
tictac
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 am

tictac wrote:This is only on my local network it is not shareed accross the web?

just share it to us, we will not leak the data out, and after the test, you can close the port.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tictac » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 am

I have now got around this as it appaears to be a time out error.

If you break your music collection into smaller files, in my case A-C, D - F and so on it will alow me to navigate to folder veiw without issue. However if I choose All artists or All music it will fail with the same error.

I am not willing to open ports to my network, so I would suggest you recreate this from the information I have provided, amount of files (not size) seems to be the issue even with a 20mb cache.

Thanks
tictac
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 am

tictac wrote:I have now got around this as it appaears to be a time out error.

If you break your music collection into smaller files, in my case A-C, D - F and so on it will alow me to navigate to folder veiw without issue. However if I choose All artists or All music it will fail with the same error.

I am not willing to open ports to my network, so I would suggest you recreate this from the information I have provided, amount of files (not size) seems to be the issue even with a 20mb cache.

Thanks

we get the point, thanks for your tips.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]