Turn off subtitles or where is a manual?

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Turn off subtitles or where is a manual?

Postby evolver » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi -- i have a pretty simple question, but i cant search on the word subtitle in this forum. I also cant seem to locate a full manual for the app. Can anyone tell me how to turn off subtitles in a video I am streaming from a NAS? they seem to be on by default, and when i click on the info panel, there is not subtitle listed as playing.

if you can point me to a manual for the app that explains how to work with subtitles that would be great.

thanks
evolver
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Turn off subtitles or where is a manual?

Postby admin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 am

evolver wrote:Hi -- i have a pretty simple question, but i cant search on the word subtitle in this forum. I also cant seem to locate a full manual for the app. Can anyone tell me how to turn off subtitles in a video I am streaming from a NAS? they seem to be on by default, and when i click on the info panel, there is not subtitle listed as playing.

if you can point me to a manual for the app that explains how to work with subtitles that would be great.

thanks

for external subtitle
in the playing window, information button to disable it
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby evolver » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:11 pm

the information button shows no list of subtitles to disable, but in different videos, the subtitle is clearly playing. When i play the same video from VLCPlayer on a laptop i can disable the subtitles. One movie i tried had an external .sub file for the subtitles, and one had the subtitled embedded. At least with the movie containing the external file, i would assume i could disable the subtitles, no?
evolver
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:48 am

yes, for embedded subtitle, no way to disable it now.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Only second line of subtitles is shown

Postby Cefur » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:49 am

Dear all,

We use xupnpd + AirPlayer to watch IPTV on iPad. The problem is that with non-embedded subtitles, only the second line is shown (with VLC on Windows both lines are shown). In regard to subtitles, it would be really nice, if one could set the default language (for subtitles and audio), since now this has to be set every time one changes channel.

Otherwise nice work.

Regards.
Cefur
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Only second line of subtitles is shown

Postby admin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:51 am

Cefur wrote:Dear all,

We use xupnpd + AirPlayer to watch IPTV on iPad. The problem is that with non-embedded subtitles, only the second line is shown (with VLC on Windows both lines are shown). In regard to subtitles, it would be really nice, if one could set the default language (for subtitles and audio), since now this has to be set every time one changes channel.

Otherwise nice work.

Regards.

is it possible to let us access it from here to test it?(pm to me)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cefur » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:32 pm

I cannot use PMs ... yet.

My uplink is really poor so this is not an option. But I can make a 1 minute recording (~30MB), where you should be able to test everything you need. Multiple subtitle and audio tracks.

Do you have a "site", where I can upload file?
Cefur
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:42 am

Cefur wrote:I cannot use PMs ... yet.

My uplink is really poor so this is not an option. But I can make a 1 minute recording (~30MB), where you should be able to test everything you need. Multiple subtitle and audio tracks.

Do you have a "site", where I can upload file?

try dropbox, free to share files.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cefur » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 pm

I do not have Dropbox, so I asked my friend.

Here is a link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26031024/rec_nc.mpg
There should be 4 audio tracks (its "names" unrecognized by VLC) and 3 DVB subtitle tracks (its "names" recognized by VLC).

Here is another link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26031024/rec_vh.mpg
In this channel recording there are 3 audio tracks (its "names" recognized by VLC), and 3 DVB subtitle tracks and 1 teletext subtitle track (its "names" recognized by VLC).

Please also check "changing" between subtitle tracks, since if I remember correctly, this also did not work properly.
Please let me know when you will download it, so my friend removes it.
Cefur
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:03 am

Cefur wrote:I do not have Dropbox, so I asked my friend.

Here is a link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26031024/rec_nc.mpg
There should be 4 audio tracks (its "names" unrecognized by VLC) and 3 DVB subtitle tracks (its "names" recognized by VLC).

Here is another link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26031024/rec_vh.mpg
In this channel recording there are 3 audio tracks (its "names" recognized by VLC), and 3 DVB subtitle tracks and 1 teletext subtitle track (its "names" recognized by VLC).

Please also check "changing" between subtitle tracks, since if I remember correctly, this also did not work properly.
Please let me know when you will download it, so my friend removes it.

Downloaded the file,and checked, you can turn off it in the cc button
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]