Playback problem - popcorn hour a200

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Playback problem - popcorn hour a200

Postby sedohunta » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:04 pm

I hace purchased the full version of this product and set up upnp server on the popcorn media player. I can access the media server, play mp3, browse photos etc. However, when I start to stream even a low resolution movie the film starts, plays for about 2-3 seconds then the screen turns black and the little plz wait logo goes on forever. When i go back to the device selection I find that the IPad has lost contact with the popcorn and have to keep pressing refresh 5-6 times until it appears again as a freshly discovered device. Is this a problem with the popcorn upnp implementation or airplayer? Thanks, in advance
sedohunta
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Playback problem - popcorn hour a200

Postby admin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 am

Not know the root cause, but whether your network bandwidth is enough for streaming?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Playback problem - popcorn hour a200

Postby sedohunta » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:15 pm

The same Ipad can play 'HD resolution' movies through the Splashtop remote desktop application so I would guess the bandwidth is large enough. Furthermore, my notebook can easily play 1080p movies off the same popcorn hour unit through WIFI-n (seeing it as mapped drive under Windows 7). (By the way my wifi router is a Linksys WRT 610n)

The strange thing is that I can see the folders, browse the photos, play the mp3's and I can even start playing the movies (I actually see the first 2 seconds) then it freezes and starts buffering forever....
sedohunta
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]