1080p playback on iPad Air

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby ussygussy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 am

Hi there,

I've noticed that my 1080p MKVs are stuttering while playing back 1080p content via my PS3 Media Server. I've tried changing the quality settings, but that hasn't helped.

720p plays fine. I have the hardware capabilities to play 1080p and sufficient bandwidth. I'm connected via 5Ghz 802.111n and I'm getting over 100Mbps throughput.

My devices have been rebooted.

I've tried the skip frame, skip loop, enable dual core, and ffmpeg.

Searching the forums yielded no solutions.

Thanks for the help!
ussygussy
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 am

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby admin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:35 am

ussygussy wrote:Hi there,

I've noticed that my 1080p MKVs are stuttering while playing back 1080p content via my PS3 Media Server. I've tried changing the quality settings, but that hasn't helped.

720p plays fine. I have the hardware capabilities to play 1080p and sufficient bandwidth. I'm connected via 5Ghz 802.111n and I'm getting over 100Mbps throughput.

My devices have been rebooted.

I've tried the skip frame, skip loop, enable dual core, and ffmpeg.

Searching the forums yielded no solutions.

Thanks for the help!


Yes, software decoding not support 1080p video, we will port mkv hardware decoding from OPlayer to airplayer in the future update.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby admin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:35 am

ussygussy wrote:Hi there,

I've noticed that my 1080p MKVs are stuttering while playing back 1080p content via my PS3 Media Server. I've tried changing the quality settings, but that hasn't helped.

720p plays fine. I have the hardware capabilities to play 1080p and sufficient bandwidth. I'm connected via 5Ghz 802.111n and I'm getting over 100Mbps throughput.

My devices have been rebooted.

I've tried the skip frame, skip loop, enable dual core, and ffmpeg.

Searching the forums yielded no solutions.

Thanks for the help!


Yes, software decoding not support 1080p video, we will port mkv hardware decoding from OPlayer to airplayer in the future update.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby ussygussy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm

When will that happen? I just paid 5 bucks for this app and I can't watch 99% of my media :(
ussygussy
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 am

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby admin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:53 am

ussygussy wrote:When will that happen? I just paid 5 bucks for this app and I can't watch 99% of my media :(

you can try OPlayer HD Lite's hardware decoding to see whether it can play your 1080p mkv files, it's free.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby ussygussy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:09 am

I can't get OPlayer to stream from PS3 Media Server.
ussygussy
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 am

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby admin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:50 am

ussygussy wrote:I can't get OPlayer to stream from PS3 Media Server.

You can save files to OPlayer..
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby ussygussy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:19 am

.... It's not a DLNA player so I can't stream with OPlayer. Saving it to my iPad defeats the entire purpose of streaming, not to mention how incredibly slow it is to save locally.
ussygussy
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 am

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby admin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 am

ussygussy wrote:.... It's not a DLNA player so I can't stream with OPlayer. Saving it to my iPad defeats the entire purpose of streaming, not to mention how incredibly slow it is to save locally.

another solution for current, is transcoding your video to MP4, then use Quicktime plugin to play the 1080p mp4 files
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: 1080p playback on iPad Air

Postby ussygussy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:21 am

It's now Mar 8th 2014 and the last update to this app was in Nov 2013. I feel like you don't really care about updating your application to do what it's suppose to do. (e.g. stream content)

Why would I re encode my media? I paid for this app to not re encode.
ussygussy
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 am

Next

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron