no video files in folder

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

no video files in folder

Postby ljcarr » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi guys I have a question, I downloaded air player and connected to synology CS407 nas were i have three shared folders (music, photo, video) which appeared within air player, how ever there where no video files within the video folder. I am in the process of putting my movie collection on to the nas and only have a few test disc on the there at the mo! I have 4 films all compressed using hand break on mac to A4V file format, these play ok on my mac, so not sure why they don't appear in airplay app on iPhone or pad? can anyone shed some light on this for me? cheers
ljcarr
Beignner
Beignner

Re: no video files in folder

Postby admin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:16 am

ljcarr wrote:Hi guys I have a question, I downloaded air player and connected to synology CS407 nas were i have three shared folders (music, photo, video) which appeared within air player, how ever there where no video files within the video folder. I am in the process of putting my movie collection on to the nas and only have a few test disc on the there at the mo! I have 4 films all compressed using hand break on mac to A4V file format, these play ok on my mac, so not sure why they don't appear in airplay app on iPhone or pad? can anyone shed some light on this for me? cheers

should be a settings in your nas side, to enable shared videos.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ljcarr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 am

admin wrote:
ljcarr wrote:Hi guys I have a question, I downloaded air player and connected to synology CS407 nas were i have three shared folders (music, photo, video) which appeared within air player, how ever there where no video files within the video folder. I am in the process of putting my movie collection on to the nas and only have a few test disc on the there at the mo! I have 4 films all compressed using hand break on mac to A4V file format, these play ok on my mac, so not sure why they don't appear in airplay app on iPhone or pad? can anyone shed some light on this for me? cheers

Hi thanks for the reply, I have set the sharing settings to read/write for admin and guest ?
ljcarr
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:18 am

ljcarr wrote:
admin wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply, I have set the sharing settings to read/write for admin and guest ?

should be guest i think, that will be safe in your local lan.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby windowslasvegas369 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi, sorry for disturb

I am using Vuze on Windows 7 with an Ipad 3. I actually had this working perfectly and then I shut off the computer.

Opened vuze, went to plugins, enabled uPnP for content port and publish all media...

I can see the media server on my Ipad and there are 4 folders (Downloads, Movies, Music, Pictures). When I open each folder there is nothing in there. When it was working before all of the files that were in my Vuze library were under the Downloads folder, but now there is nothing.
windowslasvegas369
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:26 am

windowslasvegas369 wrote:Hi, sorry for disturb

I am using Vuze on Windows 7 with an Ipad 3. I actually had this working perfectly and then I shut off the computer.

Opened vuze, went to plugins, enabled uPnP for content port and publish all media...

I can see the media server on my Ipad and there are 4 folders (Downloads, Movies, Music, Pictures). When I open each folder there is nothing in there. When it was working before all of the files that were in my Vuze library were under the Downloads folder, but now there is nothing.

have you tried a re-scan or something similar, or a restart of your server.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]