Start-up time

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Start-up time

Postby Ebenist » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:01 am

I am new to using Airplayer. I have only mp3 files stored on Seagate Wireless external drive, about 70Gb in 5 separate folders. When I run the Seagate and start Airplayer on my iPad it takes about 8 minutes before I can see and use all my data files. It takes only 30 second, from swich-on, for the Seagate to start transmitting.
Once things are up and running the player works wonderfully and gives results that are all I could wish for.
Is there anything I can do to speed up the start-up process?
I will be most grateful for any advice you can give me on this subject.
Ebenist
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Start-up time

Postby admin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 am

Ebenist wrote:I am new to using Airplayer. I have only mp3 files stored on Seagate Wireless external drive, about 70Gb in 5 separate folders. When I run the Seagate and start Airplayer on my iPad it takes about 8 minutes before I can see and use all my data files. It takes only 30 second, from swich-on, for the Seagate to start transmitting.
Once things are up and running the player works wonderfully and gives results that are all I could wish for.
Is there anything I can do to speed up the start-up process?
I will be most grateful for any advice you can give me on this subject.

more folders to decrease loading time?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ebenist » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:06 am

I have now loaded my music folders onto a Synology DS112J server, formerly on a Seagate Wireless, and the folders a now available almost instantaneously. I an using the Synology application " Music Station" on my iPad to play music. However, I prefer the layout of the "Airplayer" application. Is there a way to play the folders on the Synology server in Airplayer?
I am most grateful for the excellent advice you previously gave concerning obtaining a DS112J
Ebenist
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:05 am

Ebenist wrote:I have now loaded my music folders onto a Synology DS112J server, formerly on a Seagate Wireless, and the folders a now available almost instantaneously. I an using the Synology application " Music Station" on my iPad to play music. However, I prefer the layout of the "Airplayer" application. Is there a way to play the folders on the Synology server in Airplayer?
I am most grateful for the excellent advice you previously gave concerning obtaining a DS112J

only if your synology has build-in upnp, and enabled it in the server side.
if your server only supports ftp/samba, try oplayer
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]