Unable to see any iTunes movies on iPad through AirPlayer

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Unable to see any iTunes movies on iPad through AirPlayer

Postby lb483 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi, can anyone help?

I've just bought AirPlayer to view movies on my iPad from my QNAP without having to have iTunes running or loading the movies onto my iPad.

My issue is that when I browse my QNAP I can see all my movies except those purchased through iTunes/Blu-Ray digital copies. If I connect to the QNAP from my TV, I can see the files but not play them - DRM I assume. I can play the films on my iPad if I load them onto it through iTunes - so I don't think it's a DRM issue on the iPad - but AirPlayer doesn't even list them. Even if I change the extension from m4v to mp4 - the same as the files I can see - it make no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas? If this isn't possible for some reason then AirPlayer isn't giving me any functionality I didn't already have.

Thanks.
lb483
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Unable to see any iTunes movies on iPad through AirPlaye

Postby admin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:54 am

lb483 wrote:Hi, can anyone help?

I've just bought AirPlayer to view movies on my iPad from my QNAP without having to have iTunes running or loading the movies onto my iPad.

My issue is that when I browse my QNAP I can see all my movies except those purchased through iTunes/Blu-Ray digital copies. If I connect to the QNAP from my TV, I can see the files but not play them - DRM I assume. I can play the films on my iPad if I load them onto it through iTunes - so I don't think it's a DRM issue on the iPad - but AirPlayer doesn't even list them. Even if I change the extension from m4v to mp4 - the same as the files I can see - it make no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas? If this isn't possible for some reason then AirPlayer isn't giving me any functionality I didn't already have.

Thanks.

if has DRM issue, even you can see them in AirPlayer you can't play them.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]