Media controls and lock screen while listening to DLNA

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Media controls and lock screen while listening to DLNA

Postby kaoru007 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:13 pm

I've purchased AirPlayer mainly to use it as music player on my iPhone (6, iOS 8.1.1), retrieving files from my DLNA server.

Although I can listen to my music on server while the app is focused, I see some major problems:

- OEM headset combo buttons (click to pause, double click to skip, for example) don't work at all with the app. Same thing for bluetooth remote control, which handles well the playback control with Deezer, iPhone Music app, Spotify, etc.
- Music control and info don't show up in the lock screen as it happens with Deezer, iPhone Music app, Spotify, etc. This feature is so useful when you are using the phone just as a music player and want quick control of it.
- Music stops completely after a while when the screen is off.

Can these enhancements be considered for near future releases of AirPlayer?
kaoru007
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Media controls and lock screen while listening to DLNA

Postby admin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:13 am

thanks for your suggestion, we will consider them in the future update.
last suggestion, airplayer should supports backgroud playback, make sure pause in background is disabled in the settings page.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Media controls and lock screen while listening to DLNA

Postby kaoru007 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:33 pm

The pause background option is disabled but it still stops the music stream.
Perhaps it's related to this thread; Air player does not show up in the list to have the background refresh enabled: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6553984
kaoru007
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]