After update to 1.2.00, music stutters before playing smooth

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

After update to 1.2.00, music stutters before playing smooth

Postby phm_ap » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:58 pm

I've been using AirPlayer with an iPod Touch and iOS9. It has worked quite well for me until the update to version 1.2.00 came from the Apple App store. Now, every track stutters when playback begins and eventually settles down after 5-10 seconds.

I confirmed the update was the culprit by using the previous version of AirPlayer that's on my iPhone (no automatic updates on my phone). The previous version still functions as it did before version 1.2.00.

I'm accessing FLAC files on a Linux server running minidlna. I don't use AirPlayer for video.

AirPlayer 1.2.00 is unusable for me.
phm_ap
Beignner
Beignner

Re: After update to 1.2.00, music stutters before playing sm

Postby phm_ap » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:07 pm

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I have additional information:

The first 30 seconds of every music track is lost when playing with version 1.2.00. Hopefully the developers are reading this and will be able to fix. I still have a copy of the old version (a great reason to always turn automatic updates OFF!) and it's working as expected.
phm_ap
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 am

phm_ap wrote:Sorry to reply to my own post, but I have additional information:

The first 30 seconds of every music track is lost when playing with version 1.2.00. Hopefully the developers are reading this and will be able to fix. I still have a copy of the old version (a great reason to always turn automatic updates OFF!) and it's working as expected.

thanks for your tips, we will check it here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby phm_ap » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:52 pm

Hello

It's been almost 2 months since I posted this and the problem persists.

I have an iPhone with version 1.1.09 that still works just fine with audio from minidlna, but version 1.2.00 still skips the first 30 seconds of each song.

Do you have a time frame on when a fix might be available?

Thank you
phm_ap
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:43 am

if you play the file locally (download from the server), will it works without skip?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby phm_ap » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:04 pm

admin wrote:if you play the file locally (download from the server), will it works without skip?

Yes, when downloaded and played out of the "Local" section at the bottom of the GUI, it plays without stutter.

I just checked version 1.1.09 again and it still plays fine. I hope you have a fix for this soon as I always have to be careful not to update to version 1.2.00 on my other iDevices.
phm_ap
Beignner
Beignner

Postby phm_ap » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Just checking in to see what progress is being made. I'm still having the issue with 1.2.00 but not with 1.1.09.

I keep hoping to see a new update on the Apple iOS App Store, but nothing since 1.2.00.

Thanks
phm_ap
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Zombi » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Just adding to this one.

I purchased and downloaded Airplayer today, only to find MKV videos streamed from my PS3 Media Server stutter as though frames are being skipped. Everything else with the app seems great though.

I'm running an iPad Pro on the latest iOS.

Is there an update on efforts to resolve this?
Zombi
Beignner
Beignner

Postby phm_ap » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:33 pm

My previous critical post was deleted. One only needs to look at the Apple App Store reviews of version 1.2 to see there's a glaring problem with it.

Is it really too much to ask for the developer to provide an update on when this will be fixed? People actually paid money for this app!!! :x
phm_ap
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]