How to add media server manually?

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Re: How to add media server manually?

Postby thescragster » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:11 am

I have a Macpower Pleiades NAS. Does anyone know how to add this manually?

I can see the UPnP device from my Windows 7 PC not AirPlayer cannot see it. Do you know what URL I should add?

Thanks
thescragster
Beignner
Beignner

Postby hkdownload » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:03 pm

I want to add [Himedia 500B-TH] AND [BUFFALO WZR-HP-G300NH] SERVER MANUALLY, HOW TO ADD? PLEASE HELP ME, THANK YOU!
hkdownload
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:47 am

When the server was detected in the local network, click the detail blue button to get the steps in details.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pod » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 am

FYI - the Fuppes Media Server format is http://servername:[Port]/description.xml :)
pod
Beignner
Beignner

Postby KurtM » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 pm

What is the correct string to use for adding a Samsung AllShare device in AirPlayer for external access?

I believe several hints are given when you go to the Device connection details of an AllShare device once you have successfully connected (Good job on the UPnP for Samsung AllShare within same network btw OLIMSOFT!). It says:

If You want to externally access this device, you should do these:

1. Do the port mapping (192.168.0.251:17676) to (public IP:17676) in your router.
2. Add the device description url with the public IP mannually (sic).

I totally get step 1. I mapped a static port forwarding rule in my router to forward Port 17676 to my Samsung AllShare DLNA server from the external IP assigned by my ISP.

Step 2 is where I'm stuck. What exact string do I append to my publicIP:17676 url base for Samsung's AllShare server (note, NOT PC Share)? AirPlayer seems to suggest "/smp_6_" because the connected device details show the connected service as "http://192.1.0.251:17676/smp_6_" But that doesn't look like any of the other examples in this FAQ.

Has anybody successfully connected from externally to a running Samsung AllShare on their network?
KurtM
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:06 am

KurtM wrote:What is the correct string to use for adding a Samsung AllShare device in AirPlayer for external access?

I believe several hints are given when you go to the Device connection details of an AllShare device once you have successfully connected (Good job on the UPnP for Samsung AllShare within same network btw OLIMSOFT!). It says:

1. Do the port mapping (192.168.0.251:17676) to (public IP:17676) in your router.

I totally get step 1. I mapped a static port forwarding rule in my router to forward Port 17676 to my Samsung AllShare DLNA server from the external IP assigned by my ISP.

Step 2 is where I'm stuck. What exact string do I append to my publicIP:17676 url base for Samsung's AllShare server (note, NOT PC Share)? AirPlayer seems to suggest "/smp_6_" because the connected device details show the connected service as "http://192.1.0.251:17676/smp_6_" But that doesn't look like any of the other examples in this FAQ.

Has anybody successfully connected from externally to a running Samsung AllShare on their network?

Should be http://your public ip:17676/smp_6_
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby KurtM » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:38 am

admin wrote:
KurtM wrote:What is the correct string to use for adding a Samsung AllShare device in AirPlayer for external access?

Should be http://your public ip:17676/smp_6_

Well, I understand that it "should" be that, but it doesn't work. I've tried using a browser to at least get a "DeviceDescription" xml file to display but with no luck. I think part of the problem may be that perhaps more than just Port 17676 needs to be opened up on my Netgear Wireless router in order to work externally.

Also I don't see how "smp_6_" is going to describe the DLNA service device functionality. It's going to need to be some variation of a Device Description XML file that is ultimately passed to AirPlayer in initial communication so that AirPlayer knows how to handshake and pass packets -- right?

This file name looked like the best bet for a device description file and here is its file path on the computer it runs from. Seeing this path, how would you guess that the URL needs to be constructed for external access? I can't see that it is going to be "/smp_6_" because that just doesn't make sense. This file named below seems to be what AirPlayer is looking for.

C:\Program Files\Samsung\AllShare\AllShareDMS\xml\DMS\DeviceDescription.xml

I don't know how to attach files here and I'm too new to private message apparently, so here is the UPnP Config file contents that I believe AllShare is using. AirPlayer is recognizing the HTTPTCServerPort 17676 shown in Samsung's config file when it connects locally on the home network. But I wonder if it needs more than just that Port mapped (forwarded) in the router in order to communicate with AirPlayer -- especially from externally?

AllShareDMS UPnPConfig.xml file:

Code: Select all
<UPnPConfig>
<WebServerPort>15215</WebServerPort>
<UPnPServerPort>15216</UPnPServerPort>
<HTTPTCPServerPort>17676</HTTPTCPServerPort>
<HTTPUDPServerPort>34234</HTTPUDPServerPort>
<HTTPMulticastServerPort>1900</HTTPMulticastServerPort>
<HTTPMulticastEventServerPort>7900</HTTPMulticastEventServerPort>
<HTTPStreamingPort>17679</HTTPStreamingPort>
<OsVersion>Windows</OsVersion>
<ProductVersion>Samsung-DigitalMediaServer</ProductVersion>
<ProfileList>
    <Profile>
      <ProfileName>DMS</ProfileName>
      <ProfileDescPath>./xml/DMS</ProfileDescPath>
    </Profile>
    <Profile>
      <ProfileName>DMC</ProfileName>
      <ProfileDescPath>./xml/DMC</ProfileDescPath>
    </Profile>
    <Profile>
      <ProfileName>MSCP</ProfileName>
      <ProfileDescPath>./xml/DMC/MSCP</ProfileDescPath>
    </Profile>
    <Profile>
      <ProfileName>MRCP</ProfileName>
      <ProfileDescPath>./xml/DMC/MRCP</ProfileDescPath>
    </Profile>
    <Profile>
      <ProfileName>GenericDeviceProfile</ProfileName>
      <ProfileDescPath>./xml/GenericDeviceProfile</ProfileDescPath>
    </Profile>
    <Profile>
      <ProfileName>GenericCPProfile</ProfileName>
      <ProfileDescPath>./xml/GenericCPProfile</ProfileDescPath>
    </Profile>
</ProfileList>
<DescFileName>ServerDeviceDescription.xml</DescFileName>
<CacheControlTime>3600</CacheControlTime>
<TTL>2</TTL>
<MaxAge>1810</MaxAge>
<AutoAuthenticate>0</AutoAuthenticate>
<SHARED-MEDIA-FOLDER-PATH>C:/DLNA_Contents</SHARED-MEDIA-FOLDER-PATH>
<MEDIA-DB-FILEPATH>./db/media.db</MEDIA-DB-FILEPATH>
<MSCP-DB-FILEPATH>./db/mscp.db</MSCP-DB-FILEPATH>
</UPnPConfig>
KurtM
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 am

I have added http://your public ip:17676/smp_6_ successfully
allshare will ask you whether allow your public ip to access media, click yes.

after add it successfully, you still need to port mapping 17679 for streaming.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby KurtM » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:58 am

admin wrote:I have added http://your public ip:17676/smp_6_ successfully
allshare will ask you whether allow your public ip to access media, click yes.

after add it successfully, you still need to port mapping 17679 for streaming.

My apologies. It turns out you are right about the URL. I was able to use a browser to specifiy the local version of the URL -- http://192.1.1.3:17676/smp_6_ -- and it returned the DeviceDescription xml file contents. Didn't think it would work but it did. I guess the internal http server uses that virtual path to point to the xml file. I was able to play with some of the other smp_NN_ suffixes to the base url path and they returned various XML files and icons. smp_6_ seems to be the necessary one for the device description.

However, I'm still not able to get the public ip:17676/smp_6_ to work so I'm now suspecting my Netgear WPN824v3 isn't cooperating even though I've mapped ports 17676 through 17679 as a TCP Service forwarding to the DLNA server at 192.1.1.3. I even tried setting NAT Filtering from Secured to "Open" but that didn't seem to help.

In AllShare I don't get a pop-up notification probably because I've set Privilege Settings to "Always Allow".

Unless you can think of another set of ports I need to open up (15215-15216? 1900? 7900?) on my Netgear router, then I don't know what else to try.

I love using AirPlayer on my local network! But I'm very disappointed that I can't seem to stream externally to my iPad2 AirPlayer when I'm away from my home network.
KurtM
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 am

in my route, i just added 17676 and 17679, and then it works.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]