Tversity, greek srt file

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Tversity, greek srt file

Postby Nucleus » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi,

I have the latest version of tversity installed on my computer and the latest version of airplayer on my iphone. I have a movie file and an srt file in the same folder with the same name, and when i play that movie through the iphone browser using http://computer ip address:41952/ the subtitles play just fine.

When i play the movie with airplayer, the subtitles are not displayed. The subtitles are greek with an srt extension. I have tried changing the Encoding(srt) setting in airplayer to the following settings

Macgreek
Isolatingreek
Dosgreek
Windowsgreek

But the greek subtitles still would not show.

Any ideas.
Nucleus
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Tversity, greek srt file

Postby admin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:10 am

Can you see the subtitle file in AirPlyer's browser, you need to make sure tversity has provided the subtitle file to AirPlayer.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nucleus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 am

I cannot see the subtitle file in the airplayer browser. But the file is there. How can i make sure at tversity has provided the subtitle file to airplayer?

Like i said, when i play the move through the browser, the subtitles are shown. They are not shown only when i play the movie through airplayer.
Nucleus
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Nucleus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 am

Whenn i say the subs play when i play the move through the browser, i mean safari browser.
Nucleus
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:38 pm

They are not the same protocol.
safari is http while AirPlayer uses UPnP, currently, we need server to provide the file as a item with a srt suffix.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nucleus » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:15 pm

I think before i buy this app from itunes, i read that its compatible with tversity. I could be wrong. Is there any way to see the subs when playing the movie? Thanks
Nucleus
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:48 am

There are too many media servers to support, we will try our best to add the srt feature for the supported media server .
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]