Panasonic DMR- BW880 not playing

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Panasonic DMR- BW880 not playing

Postby whitedb » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:56 am

I have a Panasonic BMR-BW880 hard disc Freeview recorder with built in Dnla server. It works fine with my Sony Tv but whilst airplayer sees it and connects, it will not play. I can select a video file but I takes a very very long time to load and then plays at 1 frame a minute. My network is fine and airplayer will connect to a server on my synology NAS box.

Any ideas on how to get it working? Or is this just a limitation of airplayer?

Thanks.
whitedb
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Panasonic DMR- BW880 not playing

Postby admin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:36 am

We haven't tried that device, can i know the file format and resolution?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby whitedb » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:14 pm

I think they are Mpeg 2, at least that is what my Sony Bravia TV reports them as. They are standard Tv definition. It will also record in HD but these files are not seen by my Sony TV. I will see if I can get the exact specification.
whitedb
Beignner
Beignner

Postby HPS » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi,
I have a Panasonic DMR-XS350 from 2010. This is the previous model of the twin-Sat-Receiver with DVD Recorder. I had the same problems you discribed, but since Airplayer Version 1.1 the Problem is gone. Version 1.1.01 works fine, too. With standard settings (2MB cache, no Skip loop filter, no skip frame, default Plugin). It works with standard TV recordings (DR) and transcodeings like SP and EP, but transcoded file types like HL and HX play only in slow motion (audio in real time). My DLNA client Sony PS3 shows that DR has MPEG-2 TS video-codec. SP and EP has MPEG-2. But HL and HX has video-codec AVC. I can not test HiDef recordings with Airplayery because my problem is that there is only a list of the
12 oldes Videos. If i delete the oldest recording the Next one in time line comes to Number 12 in list. I have to delete a lot of SD recordings to get my first HD recordint to the position 1 till 12.
So the only problem is, that only the first 12 of the my 152 video files are listed by Airplayer.

PS: I have testet that with my iPhone 3GS and my iPad 1.st.G.
HPS
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 am

HPS wrote:Hi,
I have a Panasonic DMR-XS350 from 2010. This is the previous model of the twin-Sat-Receiver with DVD Recorder. I had the same problems you discribed, but since Airplayer Version 1.1 the Problem is gone. Version 1.1.01 works fine, too. With standard settings (2MB cache, no Skip loop filter, no skip frame, default Plugin). It works with standard TV recordings (DR) and transcodeings like SP and EP, but transcoded file types like HL and HX play only in slow motion (audio in real time). My DLNA client Sony PS3 shows that DR has MPEG-2 TS video-codec. SP and EP has MPEG-2. But HL and HX has video-codec AVC. I can not test HiDef recordings with Airplayery because my problem is that there is only a list of the
12 oldes Videos. If i delete the oldest recording the Next one in time line comes to Number 12 in list. I have to delete a lot of SD recordings to get my first HD recordint to the position 1 till 12.
So the only problem is, that only the first 12 of the my 152 video files are listed by Airplayer.

PS: I have testet that with my iPhone 3GS and my iPad 1.st.G.

Is there any special characters in your file name?
AirPlayer is a client, It just shows the files that server provided, so can you check whether have browser numbers or similar settings in your server side?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HPS » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Thank you for your fast reply.
I think there are no special caracters in the file names. The last file Name in The Airplayer List is "Six Feet Under" and the Next Name (number 13) is "Six Feet Under" too.
There are no browser numbers or so in the server settings.
I have tested it with the other DLNA client App "Media Link Player Light" in the iPhone and it shows all my Files (but can't Play them because no MPEG-2 support). My PS3 and my Sony TV list all files too.
So i think it's an Airplayer problem.
HPS
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:51 am

We really want to fix that problem.

Is it possible to let us access it remotely? that will help us to fix it.
If you like to help, can you post the information to olimsoft@gmail.com?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]