Visibility folders on synology nas

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Visibility folders on synology nas

Postby Dians » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Airplayer detects directly my synology nas but IT only Sees The default shared folders.
How can i make manualy created folders visible. Seems That security settings are all THE Same.
Dians
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Visibility folders on synology nas

Postby admin » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:52 pm

I haven't tried that, have you re-scaned the whole disk when you added the new shared folders or restart the NAS?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dians » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi, thks for your reaction. A reboot doesn't help.
I just downloaded a movie with sabnzbd On my synology. Sabnzbd extraxts the files into the default video folder.
But that new folder isn't also visible in airplayer. First i have to do a rescan on the synology then finaly the newly created folder is visible.
A rescan take some time so if i must perform a rescan every time another folder is created then this app is not really doing what was prommised to do.
The synology is a 210j not one of the fastest but i am very pleased with the overall performance. ;)

Update: when i manualy create a folder on the nas it's directly visible in airplayer. when sabnzb create a folder it isn't there........ :?: so the problem is sabnzb ?????
Dians
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:23 am

Please note, the AirPlayer is a client, need your NAS provide the folder list to it, so the re-scan is needed by the media server, not the client.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]