AirPlayer on iPAD and NetGear Stora problem

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

AirPlayer on iPAD and NetGear Stora problem

Postby aektann » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:58 am

I have AirPlayer on my iPad under iOS 4.2.1. It works fine in conjunction with uShare DLNA server and Windows 7 embedded DLNA storage feature. There is a problem when I try to watch a movie or play a music from my NetGear Stora NAS.

When I try to connect to my NetGear Stora NAS, AirPlayer successfuly shows folders and files. But when AirPlayer opens a movie, it shows only waiting cursor and does not start to play.

Switching QuickTime option ON helps a little. By this setting enabled I could watch several movies of formats compatible with QuickTime.

Netgear Stora NAS has a last available firmware installed. I can play any content through it's DLNA server by Windows 7 MediaPlayer and WD TV Live! device.

Please check this out. AirPlayer is a great application. I hope you'll fix this issue.
aektann
Beignner
Beignner

Re: AirPlayer on iPAD and NetGear Stora problem

Postby aektann » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:53 am

I found that NetGear Stora uses miniDLNA demon to suppor DLNA/uPNP functionality. So, please check out how AirPlayer works with miniDLNA.
aektann
Beignner
Beignner

Re: AirPlayer on iPAD and NetGear Stora problem

Postby admin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:22 am

Thanks for your information, we will check it :-)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]