Iphone4/ps3media server

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Iphone4/ps3media server

Postby rezoon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:40 am

Awesome program so far!! None of the others even come close so far.

Seems to work great for almost everything, but I noticed if navigating a large directory with lots of files i get the message "Failed to receive content list, please check the server settings." If I divide the directory into several directories everything works as expected. This size limitation should be mentioned somewhere to avoid user headaches.

If changing around a directory on the server, the Airplayer will show multiple entries for that directory. Is there anyway to clear the cached directory structure on Airplayer?

Also had issues trying to access over 3g. Opened port 5001 on the router and directed it to server. Will stream ok using http://dyndns:5001 fetch address while on lan, but cant get at it from outside. This is not so important yet though...
rezoon
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Iphone4/ps3media server

Postby admin » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:48 pm

thanks for your information.

can you see the media server when you added it ,manually?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Iphone4/ps3media server

Postby rezoon » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:03 pm

I can see the server, I think. The Icon switches from an unknown to known address. If I'm at home and use the manual address it works great. Maybe a router issue beyond opening up port 5001 udp/tcp. Haven't had much time to expiriment lately, but will give it another go soon.
rezoon
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]