Orb functionality in AirPlayer

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Orb functionality in AirPlayer

Postby ande4163 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:19 pm

I've tried using AirPlayer of my iPod Touch 2G with Orb (http://www.orb.com) and it works great for music. But, as soon as I try to play video, I get some very strange behavior. After I select the video clip from the list of videos the screen goes black as normal and I assume it starts buffering. After a couple seconds, the playback screen (with the play/pause, previous and next buttons) is displayed for a split second, then it disappears and the list of videos is displayed for a split second and the screen goes black again only to show the playback screen again several seconds later and the process loops. Video List, Black Screen, Playback Screen, Repeat. The only way to quit this loop is to hit the home button to escape the program, or hit the "Done" button on the playback screen during the spit second that it appears.

Orb works perfectly under UPnP for XBMC, so I don't think there is any problem with Orb.

Anyone have any ideas? Have the devs considered supporting Orb in AirPlayer?

Thanks in advance.
ande4163
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Orb functionality in AirPlayer

Postby mq-zhu@live.cn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:49 am

The problem is that AirPlayer can't play video on iPod Touch 2G .

Maybe you can turn on "Use QuickTime" in the "Settings" tab. But it can only play iPhone/iPod supported media format.
mq-zhu@live.cn
Developer
Developer

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]