Video stuttering

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Re: Video stuttering

Postby villager » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi

Same here. WMV files are nor properly played on my iPhone 4s. Pictures play very slowly and are out of sync with audio. I really hope the developers get into the bottom of this.
villager
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:53 pm

villager wrote:Hi

Same here. WMV files are nor properly played on my iPhone 4s. Pictures play very slowly and are out of sync with audio. I really hope the developers get into the bottom of this.

We are trying to enhance the performance, but that depends on the HW's CPU.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby villager » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 am

Hi. Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I'm thinking of getting an iPad 3 and wondering if the new iPads play HD videos fine? Do any users out there wish to share their experiences with iPad 3? Thank you.
villager
Beignner
Beignner

Postby jwiskowski » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:10 pm

villager wrote:Hi. Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I'm thinking of getting an iPad 3 and wondering if the new iPads play HD videos fine? Do any users out there wish to share their experiences with iPad 3? Thank you.

I just installed AirPlayer on my new iPad (3) and was delighted to have it working. I am accessing video files off a Buffallo LinkStation via 802.11n (5GHz). Non MKV files had no issues at all. For 720p HD MKV files I turned on skip loop filter. Looks good enough for my purposes.

I have been using AirPlayer since it launched and have always had luck using it. It looks like the support/maintence is dying down, which is a shame. Here's hoping for an A5X/Retina Display update :)
jwiskowski
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Neo64 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:15 am

Just brought airplayer and i have oplayer hd lite on my ipad3 and both applications are unable to play 720p MKV files smoothly and audio sync is out, tried many different options and settings and nothing works, I was able to play 720p MKV files using *** on a ipad2 flawlessly, hardware decoder needs to be improved for streaming from a dlna server, FTP server or samba server. Playing the files locally in oplayer hd lite works fine but not acceptable having to wait for the file to be transferred to the device first, most MKV files are 5gb+.
Neo64
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri May 04, 2012 2:59 am

Neo64 wrote:Just brought airplayer and i have oplayer hd lite on my ipad3 and both applications are unable to play 720p MKV files smoothly and audio sync is out, tried many different options and settings and nothing works, I was able to play 720p MKV files using * on a ipad2 flawlessly, hardware decoder needs to be improved for streaming from a dlna server, FTP server or samba server. Playing the files locally in oplayer hd lite works fine but not acceptable having to wait for the file to be transferred to the device first, most MKV files are 5gb+.

We will update AirPlayer to support dual core decoding.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Neo64 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Thank you for your quick reply and look forward to the new version :D
Is there any plans to support gpu decoding which would increase smoothness incredibly?
Neo64
Beignner
Beignner

Previous

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]