[Documentation] full list of supported file types?

All the requests will be recorded down, and we will consider them one by one.

[Documentation] full list of supported file types?

Postby eio » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:11 am

Actually this is not a "feature" request but rather a documentation issue: is there a full list of supported file types? the list on the Appstore page...

- Play almost any audio formats on iPhone. (MP3/WMA/RM/AAC)
- Play almost any video formats on iPhone. (WMV/AVI/MKV /RM/RMVB/XVID/MP4/MOV/3GP/MPG/)

This list is not very helpful for me, since there are so many file type that OPlayer supported but not listed explicitly in it ("almost any" is so vague and not really meaningful), especially in the audio formats part (I was so surprised to find out that, after my own tests, OPlayer is THE MOST CAPABLE audio player in terms of format support on iOS, it plays much more formats such as OGG/APE/FLAC, even MusePack is supported!)

Can we have a full list of supported media formats so that we can compare it directly with other players? since media format support is a huge advantage of OPlayer, why not show it off to the world?

Fantastic software you've made! Thank you!
eio
Beignner
Beignner

Re: [Documentation] full list of supported file types?

Postby Welshboyvodka » Thu May 31, 2012 3:24 pm

I also bought Oplayer to play .wma files and it simply doesn't .
How can you advertise that the software plays a certain file format and then fail to deliver.
I am not very impressed with being conned.
Welshboyvodka
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:13 am

Welshboyvodka wrote:I also bought Oplayer to play .wma files and it simply doesn't .
How can you advertise that the software plays a certain file format and then fail to deliver.
I am not very impressed with being conned.

Some wma files has DRM protection, so you can't play that file in other devices.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eh2233 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 am

Eh2233
Beignner
Beignner

Return to Feature Requests