How to load external subtitle in OPlayer?

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Re: How to load external subtitle in OPlayer?

Postby admin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 am

Gentleboy01 wrote:Dear andmin. I need some help.
I use OplayerHD Lite on my ipad 3. I can watch movie ( always watching .avi format) but i cant use my subtitle in format hun.srt, becouse i need the Hungarian subtitle and i dont know how to use, and the player dont detect automatically.
I see int the folder the film and the subtitle but only can watch the film without subtitle
Waiting for your anywer

1) Make sure the subtitle file with the same name as the video file, eg:abc.srt with abc.avi
2) In the playing window, click the cc button to change the subtitle encoding method to match your subtitle file, we auto detect the encoding method, but sometimes it not works.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tukulka » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi is there any way to sync subtitle?
I mean adjust timing setting it show earlier or late.
Ty
Tukulka
Beignner
Beignner

Postby benblo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:54 am

The "video.en.srt" naming convention is so widely used, I find it a bit odd that such a quality player as yours cannot handle it!
For years I have accumulated subtitles that are named like that, and because of this limitation I cannot stream them from my NAS but have to download each file & remove the ".en"... me sad.
benblo
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 am

Tukulka wrote:Hi is there any way to sync subtitle?
I mean adjust timing setting it show earlier or late.
Ty

Not support now, we may consider it in the future update.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 am

benblo wrote:The "video.en.srt" naming convention is so widely used, I find it a bit odd that such a quality player as yours cannot handle it!
For years I have accumulated subtitles that are named like that, and because of this limitation I cannot stream them from my NAS but have to download each file & remove the ".en"... me sad.

We may consider to support this subtitle name format in the future update.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wsfz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 am

I am using OPlayerHD 2.0.5 on the new pad with IOS 5.1.1. I have got a ts-format video named as "a.ts" and a subtitle file named as "a.ass".When I played the video with Oplayer,it showed that the subtitle file was successfully loaded but i just simply couldn't see any subtitle on the screen. I tried to rename the video as "a.mpg" since it worked with AVPlayerHD,but i also failed.The encoding setting was "Auto-Dectect".
wsfz
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:57 am

wsfz wrote:I am using OPlayerHD 2.0.5 on the new pad with IOS 5.1.1. I have got a ts-format video named as "a.ts" and a subtitle file named as "a.ass".When I played the video with Oplayer,it showed that the subtitle file was successfully loaded but i just simply couldn't see any subtitle on the screen. I tried to rename the video as "a.mpg" since it worked with AVPlayerHD,but i also failed.The encoding setting was "Auto-Dectect".

then try to select encoding method according to the file by yourself, an easy way, you can open the file in your browser, and to check the encoding it is using.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Noways » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi,
The subtitles are loading ok but they are displayed in the middle of the screen, which is very annoying. I'm using full OPlayer HD in iPad2. I tried to change the subtitle codifification but is not the solution. What can I do?

Thanks.
Noways
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:36 am

Noways wrote:Hi,
The subtitles are loading ok but they are displayed in the middle of the screen, which is very annoying. I'm using full OPlayer HD in iPad2. I tried to change the subtitle codifification but is not the solution. What can I do?

Thanks.

Use one finger to drag the subtitle position, two finger to do zoom in/out
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Noways » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Great! I didn't know thar feature, it is actually very cool.

Thanks!
Noways
Beignner
Beignner

PreviousNext

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]