Can "autodetect" works when PC connect with Route via line?

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Can "autodetect" works when PC connect with Route via line?

Postby jackxu1976 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 pm

The only reason I choose AirPlayer is because it says "AirPlayer could connect to Win7 directly", means no need to install any software on PC. And indeed it could, with the instruction here, it's very easy to use my iPad autodect my Win 7 PC. But that only works when my PC connect with Route via wifi. If I connect my PC with Route via line/cable, the "autodect" can't find it.

The reason I would like to use line/cable instead of wifi is because I have 2 PC, one for download, one for HTPC use. So I need to copy data between 2 PC frequently. And the copy speed when both PC connect Route with line/cable (30~40MB/s) is 10 times faster than the way with wifi (3~4 MB/s).

I just went through all the topics in the forum but it's strange that no one have ever rise this issue before, does that issue only happen to me? or everyone else don't consider that's an issue?
jackxu1976
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Can "autodetect" works when PC connect with Route via li

Postby admin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 am

jackxu1976 wrote:But that only works when my PC connect with Route via wifi. If I connect my PC with Route via line/cable, the "autodect" can't find it.

how it possible? connects through cable, still in the same lan, should not issue to detect it...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can "autodetect" works when PC connect with Route via li

Postby jackxu1976 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:34 pm

admin wrote:
jackxu1976 wrote:But that only works when my PC connect with Route via wifi. If I connect my PC with Route via line/cable, the "autodect" can't find it.

how it possible? connects through cable, still in the same lan, should not issue to detect it...

Strange, it indeed doesn't work on the day I purchased it, so I have to use wireless netcard on my HTPC. But last night accidentally I found my Game-PC could be auto detected even it was connected with route with cable, so I switched the wireless netcard to cable on my HTPC, and guess what, it works too! I don't know why it doesn't work on the 1st day, but doesn't matter anymore, thanks for the help, great apps!
jackxu1976
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]